1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Your Thoughts on Forum SEO

Discussion in 'SEO Forum' started by samit, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samit

samit New Member

Hey guys, I was just wondering what you guys thought about Forum SEO. I am just starting out with SEO, and as you could guess, I own a forum. Is there anything that should be done differently, when optimizing a forum?

Thanks,
  2. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

SEO is basically the same as for any website .The difference on Forums is that there are many tools that can be used to enhance this.
    For example VBSEO, though this a paid service the elements can be found and added for free individually.
  3. Alfred

Alfred New Member

As long as you get good knowledge, from others and learn more everyday its too good. Oh you asked about SEO right. Then as long as you get do follow back links and traffic from your signature links its too better :p
  4. sazymi

sazymi New Member

You can promote your SEO forum in other forum site and invite people there in your site to share their knowledge and experience with regards to SEO. You can even give freebies to a new member. Advertise it and make a press release for your site so people will know about your site.
  5. ~kev~

~kev~ Active Member

First, I think you should stop spamming with a fake signature.

Second, sign up for a google webmaster tools.

Third, use htaaccess to redirect /index.php to the html root

Fourth, use htaaccess to redirect http to www, or www to http - depending on what you want.
  6. sailormoon

sailormoon New Member

seo Its also a website..forum is the like the links that you have in the website just make sure topics are good.
  7. gloc9

gloc9 New Member

its about how you can interact with other people, and how you can help them. if people notice that you are very helpful then they might join your forums.
  8. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Make sure when you are working on backlinks that you build backlinks to your internal forum category's too, thats my single most important tip for any forum owner , I know deep backlinking should be a must with any SEO project however people seem to forget this when they are working on Forums.
  9. mickeyy

mickeyy New Member

Hi,

When your forum has threads on various subject and enough traffic, there will be better chances to get indexed by google more often and it will get ranking as well.
  10. Chemist

Chemist New Member

lol ... for the First point.

can you guide me on how to do the 3rd and 4th point ? as i am very very new to .htaaccess. PM me if you have any easy tutorial available for this please.

Regarding reply to the OP Question, please take care of what "Riverwire" suggested, this will help in search engines and also rank well to get visitors.
    Try making some good offers to attract ppl to get registered and be a Active member on your Forum.
    Try to get more useful posts and topics so that it doesn't look empty. Make it very useful for visitors to stay back.
    You can hire people to post useful threads and conversation. Once all this gets stable you are Done. Just maintain it, thats all.
  11. freedom1

freedom1 New Member

Forums plays a big help in increasing one website's keyword rankings. It can also give traffic to your blog/website even your niche is irrelevant.
  12. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Member

seo forum is a very good and it is used to post the relevant information regarding the threads given in forum posting..so this would help us to interact and share information with different people across the world and also helps to give publicity to ur website.the seo forums are also used to develop business
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.