1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

your favorite operating system?

Discussion in 'Computer & IT Forum' started by bilalamjad3, Feb 19, 2010.

1. john1532

john1532 Member

I am using Linux in office work, But Window 7 one of my favorite operating system.
  2. WBB

WBB New Member

Ubuntu would have to be mine :)
  3. Mr.Tan

Mr.Tan New Member

i love windows 8 ^^
  4. SolidShellSecurity

SolidShellSecurity Member

Anyone tried Windows 8 yet? How is it?
  5. reena0001

reena0001 Guest

My favorite Operaing system is Windows 7. I think its the best Operating system ever created.
  6. Mark Wang

Mark Wang Member

Windows XP is the best in the MS os family, it is faster and consume much less RAM than others
  7. ceekeigh

ceekeigh Member

Windows 7 is the best so far. Can't wait to try Windows 8.
  8. sheena2012

sheena2012 New Member

Windows 7 is best for me. updated with applications, its easy and fast.
  9. White

White Member

For Windows:

Windows 7 and now Windows 8.

For Linux:

Ubuntu
    Linux Mint
  10. Brain Dumps

Brain Dumps New Member

Windows XP Professional. It's Best.
  11. Deep Singh

Deep Singh New Member

12. eurozulu

eurozulu Member

I have windows 7 pro.
  13. eurozulu

eurozulu Member

I have windows 7 pro.
  14. martincrow

martincrow Member

If you ask about my favorite operating system then it will be window7, it was window xp before which was my favorite but microsoft discontinued it and i have to switch my OS, but now i really like features of window 7.
  15. Tony C

Tony C New Member

Windows 7 for PC and Android for phones etc. The Windows 8 beta hasn't impressed me so far.
  16. deservinghost

deservinghost Member

Windows 7 is best.
  17. wizarddrummer

wizarddrummer Member

Thanks to all of those people that think Windows 7 is the best OS. You are the people that Microsoft LOVES! You are the people that keep that wretched company with it's hideously designed products in business and flourishing.

You young people or people with NO other exposure to other Operating Systems have no clue what a really great operating system is.

I had the misfortune of having to help a friend that purchased a laptop with Windows 7 on it.

What a tedious file of crap!

True to Windows / Microcheese, Windows 7 is more Glitz and Glitter on top of the SAME PILE OF CRAP!

I can't how many times this annoying "This requires system administration approval" popped up when I was copying files or installing programs.

ALL IT DID was require me to Press the OK button each time it popped up.

Why? Why make me press these endless extra clicks that mean nothing. I could train a Dog or Parrot or Chimp with treats to press the OK button when that comes up. So much for the system verifying that a "System Administrator" is sitting there.

The trouble is that stupid hack of a programmer Bill Gates would know a System Administrator from a hole in the ground. What did he actually come up with? He bought CP/M and made a crappy port of that to the original PC. Then, like the dopey ass jackass he is, he used the "\" as directory separators which, in later years, caused C programmers to pull their hair out. Not to mention that he allowed SPACES in file names. Something to this day I NEVER DO. Files and commands (in Legitimate Operating Systems) used to have arguments after them to change or alter some Operating system behavior.

Spaces in file names caused problems all over the place, especially when Windoze invaded the internet in 1994. For 3.5 lovely years the Internet (World Wide Web) was free of Microsoft with its lack of standards.

Ask any web developer how much they appreciated having to code web sites to make allowances for the crappy Internet Explorer that made everyone acquiesce to it's horrible design.

I had to delete about 100GB of files off of her machine. I selected the folder(s) pressed the button and walked away.

True to form, Microsoft didn't disappoint (SUPREME SARCASM) me. When I came back there was this FUCKING message, just like Vista before it and XP before it that said desktop.ini is a System file do you want to delete it?

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKING Christ!
    Did I not say Delete the files in the first place?
    You can't do anything in Microslop that is unattended. At least with Windows 7, they made a small improvement. They at least had a checkbox that asked if I wanted to do this for the remaining things that it found. An improvement over XP that repeatedly asks the STUPID QUESTION "Yes to ALL" and then a few seconds later it's asking it again. Bill do you not know what ALL means?

BUT ... and this is where hideous design comes in. Did it remember my selection the next time I had a bunch of files to get rid of? NOOoooooooooooooooooo.

It still asks about deleting system files. Again, it’s a throwback that Bill (aka Alfred E. Newman) has no clue of what system Administration is. And for you that don't know.. find out. USE an OS like UNIX or something that DOES understand Sys. Adm.

It was just one tedious thing after another, endless extra clicking, things located in different spots that in some cases made no sense.

This on top of the HUGE amount of BLOAT (disk space and Memory usage) to run the pile of crap.

Golly, it’s a shame the vast ignorance that abounds in the computer world today from Windows users (aka Windows religious cult followers)

If Microphlegm spent even 1/20 of the resources it spends on making things pretty on making things stable, efficient, less tedious to use and more virus resistant, they could have one of the best OS's on the planet.

Pile of Crap
    windows 3.1

This picture says it all;
    1993! Two competing OS's from the same period. The inferior OS (Windows 3.1) is running INSIDE the Superior OS (NeXTSTEP) as window in the OS, yet the INFERIOR OS got the most market share and became the dominant OS.

Ok Sports Fans... Could Windows 3.1 have run NeXTSTEP inside of it?

http://erik.doernenburg.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/nextstep.png

Then they ported it to Intel Machines
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1022/811273230_77fa6dd06b.jpg

For those of you that are interested in LEARNING... Watch this, from 1993, the most Elegant OS I have ever used in the last 38 years!
    REMEMBER its 1993.

In 1993, NeXTSTEP OS was expensive. The computers were expensive as well. The PC machines necessary to run them (back in 1993) had to be top of the line with state of the art scsi drives and video cards. Very expensive for its day (486 DX 100's, 2 GB hard drives etc. 32 or 64MB of memory) ... miniscule by today's standards. NeXTSTEP could have run very efficiently on a Pentium computer with 128 MB of memory, would have taken up less space than Windows NT and had more functionality than XP.
  18. raghunand

raghunand Member

Windows 7 Ultimate with 32 bit version operating system is best to me, It has so many advanced tools and high end supportable for programming and graphics.
  19. Kat

Kat New Member

I have been using windows xp and in my opinion it is the best operating system.
  20. egrovesys

egrovesys Member

Am using windows XP for desktop and windows 7 operating system for laptop.
    i like windows XP operating system.