1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

You will like this one!!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting Forum' started by midlandi, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

I just got a support request from one of my Hosting Customers, i wont reveal who or the full conent for obvious reasons. But the general gist of the message was that they had been a customer of mine for 14 months and in that time had sold nothing from their website. So this must be down to poor hosting quality as his "freind" hosted elsewhere and had made sales. So please could he have a refund!:eek:hmy:
    I would love to share the url with you so you can see, but i cant. Needless to say I think a monkey built the site, ...............:laugh: with a stick and some crayons!!

So refund?.............mmmmmmm...ur NO!
  2. gkd

gkd Active Member

Ha Ha Ha Ha - He probably does not make sales because he/she doesn't understand what a website is never mind running one to generate revenue.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  3. piet

piet New Member

mmmm, poor client.lol
  4. sharkee

sharkee New Member

I think it is unfortunate that your client feels that way. If it is indeed his fault and not yours I think he still deserves some respect, and shouldn't be made fun of? Maybe you can tell your client that he should have advertised a lot more because hosting simply puts the site up and he's the one who's got to look for customers.
  5. Indigo

Indigo New Member

I agree....maybe you should make him understand how it really works...
  6. midlandi

Calm down people, life is full of bad news and stuff so i think we are all entitled to a bit of a laugh now and then.
    The customer has respesct from me , i havnt named them. I also did send an email to outline their shortcomings, which they chose to ignore.
  7. DaveW

DaveW Member

Most of the things that we do online bear fruit after a long time. Lol, Generating sales and hosting services are totally two different things. IMO they should give you a big thanks as the results of the efforts put in the first 14 months have started to generated sales ;)
  8. jumpenjuhosaphat

jumpenjuhosaphat New Member

I have to agree, it must be the hosting that caused a lack of sales. It has to be, surely it couldn't be because of lack of customers....Nah, that's preposterous.

Well, I'm with you Midi, I think that you should share this, no one was humiliated, and perhaps some other less than knowledgeable webmaster will see this thread and take note. If it's not funny, at least it's a learning experience...:)
  9. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy SEO Expert

Midi, if it makes life easier, tell them that I will look at their site for them for free and write thema a quick report as to where they have gone wrong and how to get more sales. Feel free to give them my email address. :)

YES we feel sorry for people who have lost money,but we also need to see the humour in situations. The saddest part of all is that they probably paid some gimp $2000 to build the crayon and finger painted style site

I often get approached by people who are VERY angry as they have spent so much for so little return (If any). I get 'I need it to rank and I am NOT paying any more out as I have paid a fortune to 'you people' and have been taken for a ride, so what are you going to do about it?

Only yesterday I was approached by a guy who has shelled out £30,000 for an ecommerce site that is 100% spider unfrirendly! of COURSE it is MY fault that his site is like that NOT the designer. :D :D
    1 person likes this.
  10. midlandi

Thanks for the very kind offer OWG, but the owner is beyond this sort of help. It appears to me its the old "put a site up and leave it" mentality. The owner is convinced that site sucsess is purley down to what hosting you have and nothing else.
  11. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy SEO Expert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.