1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Xp Obselete by 2010

Discussion in 'Computer & IT Forum' started by midlandi, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

Wow, I just found out that XP will be obselete by 2010 and support running up to that date disappearing.
    Vista is no replacement for it, so I hope a suitable replacement comes up before hand.
  2. Alan

Alan Member

Microsoft already extended the support for XP due to the major catastrophe known as Vista. Microsoft have at last realised that Vista isn't up to the hype, and the next version is rumoured to be getting rushed through for an early release, but this is Microsoft so don't bet your shirt on this.
  3. midlandi

The problem with microsoft, as with any big company, is that they end up being run by accountants. So the end user is last to be thought of, its all about profit.Now thats not a bad thing untill you take into account the accountants that usually run these dont have a clue about the marketplace hey are in.
  4. ST-Mike

ST-Mike TriPHP Contributor

Vista is a fine replacement, it's the latest OS from them and its best to keep up with the times really, I've never had a problem with vista on multiple machines from day 1 - just make sure the hardware is good enough.. not hard to better the requirements though with hardware these days.

I can't wait for more people to move to Vista, ensuring that more people are using IE7 which is a great improvement on IE6 for developers :):
  5. midlandi

Interesting comment.
    So you are saying that you believe most problems reported with Vista could be down to hardware issues?
  6. ST-Mike

ST-Mike TriPHP Contributor

No, I'm saying that the people across forums complaining Vista is too slow and laggy etc obviously don't have good enough hardware in most cases... cause I've used Vista on around 5 machines now and each one runs it just great!

Other problems depend on the issue obviously. For example there are many vendors who STILL haven't updated their drivers to work with Vista properly - now we can't blame Microsoft for that, can we?!

I'm just asking people not to jump on Microsoft and blame them immediately, I'm also asking people who don't know what they're talking about to make it worse.. I don't really know much about hardware compatibility issues etc myself, but what I DO know is that Vista certainly isnt "just slow"... perhaps people are finding it slow because they're simply upgrading their machines from XP to Vista and the hardware isn't upto scratch? Like I said, I've used Vista on various new machines and had no problems whatsoever :)
  7. Alan

Alan Member

I've encountered hardware listed on the HCL that still isn't right. Across the industry IT pros still are reVerting back to XP. The biggest admission was when Microsoft released a "downgrade" to XP. SP1 produced a bigger headache when previously working machines stopped working, spent days recoverining these.

Support for XP is due to end in 2014, or whenever Windows 7 is released, whichever comes first.
  8. MattMan

MattMan New Member

I have been running Vista for over a year now and have really not had major problems except for when I first bought it and a couple weeks later I had to factory restore it, sadly I lost all my files. After that I had no real issues and I think that most people who have such a problem with it have not used it for an extended period of time. Does anybody remember when XP first came out (I remember a lot considering I am only 15 now), it was also a "so called" disaster. They attempted to fix the OS all the time and always succeed, that is what they are doing to Vista too. Honestly the XP generation needs to move on, because the Vista generation is in and opens much more possibilities for improvement and could further expand web developing technologies.
    Hey I am new to this forum and I am only 15, I might be young but I also know what I'm talking about (pretty much)
  9. ~kev~

~kev~ Active Member

Its just a way for microsoft to make everyone switch to windows 7. Personally, I'am thinking seriously about the google OS. If it can run windows applications that would be great.
  10. Humza Bajwa

Humza Bajwa Active Member

Most people don't like Vista because it's more complicated than XP. Overall, Vista is a HUGE upgrade from XP, but the average person doesn't like complicated things. Users are looking for easy-to-use software that has great functionality. I tried the windows 7 beta, and it's looking pretty good.
  11. ptgengye

ptgengye New Member

I think the just released Windows 7 might be a good alternate to Windows XP from all the existing test. I have never used Windows Vista. :)
  12. dipcliper

dipcliper New Member

really xp will be obsolete what are they going to replace it with? please let me know
  13. sazymi

sazymi New Member

Yeah true, me eighther are not comfortable with Vista. Actually never tried using it, for me Windows 7 seems doing good and much more easy to navigate than Vista.
  14. jessiej

jessiej New Member

really xp will be replaced?when and with what can you update me thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.