1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Wordpress vs Joomla

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Discussion' started by Minuteman, Nov 4, 2009.

1. sitefocuz

sitefocuz Member

I've worked with wordpress longer and haven't done too much with joomla, so I prefer to use wordpress.
  2. saviourdlima

saviourdlima New Member

WordPress is more for blogging and Joomla seems to be more for news articles. If I were to get a job with a newspaper company, I would like to be able to have them be able to post their news articles and have people be able to comment on stories. WordPress is easy to set up, easy to modify and you can do a lot with no programming knowledge. And there are hundreds of blogs that can help you. It can be used as a content management system not just a blog. And, unlike DW, it's completely free. (For just about any paid plug-in you find, there are a few free ones that do the same thing.
  3. jeannie

jeannie New Member

Hi

Never heard of Wordpress or Joomla..
    Please share more information..
    Thanks in advance..
  4. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Member

joomla is the best CMS and it is having a lot of supports modules and extension comapre with word-press.
  5. hanschristian01

hanschristian01 Banned

I think wordpress is better than the Joomla. As it feature contains as it is free, fast and easy to installation, 1000's high quality themes and plug-ins, good visual content editor. Also it is avilable to the every one.
  6. diagurzula

diagurzula New Member

I think wordpress is the better one as it has laitest features and various themes for use. Also it has the feature like it is free, fast and easy to installation, 1000's high quality themes and plug-ins, good visual content editor.
  7. seo allen

seo allen New Member

Hello mate

Wordpress is one of the easiest for use systems available in the internet. Many people think that the Wordpress can be used for blogging only, you can easily configure it to work in many other ways. Furthermore, to install that CMS on a server it is really easy.

Joomla is one of the best content management systems for designers, web developers and administrators. That system allows all its users to create great looking websites and also it is really easy, by beginners. Furthermore, there are many developers, who create tools improve the performance of Joomla.
    Joomla is better........
  8. mahesh2010

mahesh2010 Member

I think both are good in terms of all...There is nothing difference between them because both are cms..and well secured with paypal system..IT is the matter of how one uses it.. ...there is no question of insecure plugins come here....
  9. maxchanwl

maxchanwl New Member

both are almost same, i guess you'll have to pick one based on your usage preference. joomla might be somewhat 'heavy' when you run it, but it seems that wordpress 3.0 is also getting heavier! loads slowly!
  10. don19

don19 Member

I will use Wordpress , seem many peoples use Wordpress more than joomla
  11. mahesh2010

mahesh2010 Member

Joomla is the best cms i strongly believe and i agree to riverwire..it is one who secure his\her site or plugins by keep updating all the latest releases and making use of time properly before the release...It all depends on ones professional skills and proper maintenance of the secure issues..
  12. sueque

sueque New Member

I do believe you can do more with Joomla than you can with Wordpress, but for beginners I'd recommend Wordpress. For both, it is imperative that you keep up with released updates to ensure the security of your website. I learned this the hard way with Drupal!
  13. bLaZ3n

bLaZ3n New Member

Both are good, I would only use wordpress for a "blog" type of website.. I usually integrate all my designs into Joomla..
  14. Lopaj

Lopaj New Member

I agree with you.........
  15. eoinbronks

eoinbronks New Member

I am always preferred to Wordpress. WordPress is the most loved Content Management System especially if you are looking to generate good traffic from Google.
  16. andyveer

andyveer New Member

I am using wordpress for my site it is easy to use ,don't know anything about joomla
  17. lightshines

lightshines New Member

Each and every one has its place. Both merits and demerits. But i love WordPress because of its simplicity and a large community where support is just a click away.
  18. San Diego Homes

San Diego Homes New Member

The updates with joomla is what I have been told can cause some major issues. We have been converting our old html sites or to WordPress but I will tell you it is a tedious job in any platform.
  19. ipostmedia

ipostmedia New Member

I've been using Joomla and Wordpress for quite some time. Based on my personal experience, if you're more interested in building a custom-made website with good template, Joomla is definitely the best choice for you. If you're more into blogging and more stable, and arguably better SEO friendly, I think you better choose Wordpress. Nonetheless, both are great.
  20. Gareth_Boyd

Gareth_Boyd New Member

Wordpress all day long and all year. Joomla had its time to be fair, but Wordpress totally dominates any CMS out there. Not only is WP a powerful blog software, but now it can be manipulated to look like a normal website instead of a blog.

From my past experiences of using Wordpress for my sites, it has excelled and Google has loved it which helped me in my rankings on Google.

Wordpress 1 Joomla 0.