1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Wordpress vs Joomla

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Discussion' started by Minuteman, Nov 4, 2009.

1. core8284

core8284 New Member

why didn't you include blogger?? well I would choose wp than joomla...
  2. mattress10

mattress10 New Member

Hello

Wordpress is the best
  3. tulipkiya

tulipkiya Member

Wordpress is better....bettter plugins...better user friendly interface.
  4. sazymi

sazymi New Member

Joomla is a full CMS while Wordpress is partial CMS. Joomla is better than the because its more function and easy to customize.
  5. JasonCase24

JasonCase24 New Member

You can make use of Joomla if you want something to appear more organized. Though, it's far much difficult to set-up compared to wordpress cause like what I've said, you need to organized thing if you really want to make use of Joomla.
  6. eprog

eprog New Member

I prefer WP.
    In my opinion, WP is an easy-to-use software to publish contents on website and it is powerful enough in most situations. Joomla has much more flexbility and suitable for big sites.
  7. HydroJohn

HydroJohn New Member

Yes I think wordpress is better than joomla for SEO purposes and ease of installation
  8. tulipkiya

tulipkiya Member

i hope you found your answer "minuteman"....the community is ready to help.....if you still are not clear...pm me i m ready to help you out in personal.....:)
  9. okapopin

okapopin New Member

joomla it's cool
  10. just in hell

just in hell New Member

It was only time that kept bloggers around the world from writing their comparisons of the three major Content Management Systems (Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal) and that time is finally up. People everywhere are breaking out their laptops and logging into their blogs to share what they believe are reasons for choosing this software or that.... and yet most of them seemed to have missed the important reasons why someone might choose one CMS over another. So I'm taking it upon myself to spread some much needed understanding of the three systems and hopefully help you decide which one is best for you.
    Background, History and Experience

Since a majority of people are discussing and as the three best , I'm going to stick to them. Luckily, I've had experience using each extensively, and know the ins and outs of actually using the systems. To put this quite simply, I will not be giving you many statistics based on research... I'm giving you information from first-hand experience.
    Only within the last year has Wordpress actually begun to step up as a true CMS. However the other two, Drupal and Joomla, have seemingly always been fighting for that top spot in the community. Both are open source, and both are widely developed with thousands of members in their community helping to develop and extend the possibilities of use for each. While Wordpress is considered the underdog in the CMS war, it is most definitely the king of blogging software (something that Joomla and Drupal struggle to do efficiently).
    However, even where each has its flaws and each has its strengths (which I will explain below) you can build any kind of website with either one. I have built blogs with Joomla and I have built shopping cart websites with Wordpress. It just depends on what you need it to do, your familiarity with the system, and how long you have to work on that program. In fact, that is something that is misunderstood by many people if you don't like using Drupal, that doesn't make it less valuable, it just makes it less useful to you!
  11. ashivapu

ashivapu New Member

I used Joomla about 2 years ago so there may be some changes and a bigger community around it, but I love Wordpress far better. For your sports blog I would recommend Wordpress.
  12. oyunlar

oyunlar New Member

Perfect Seo Wp
  13. Red Paul

Red Paul New Member

I found Drupal easier to use than Joomla... but Joomla has some nice features. I don't think either is "better", they're just different. I haven't tried Wordpress, I associate that just with blogs.
  14. kawaiithemes

kawaiithemes New Member

I'd like to try Joomla someday. I haven't play with it yet, but wordpress seems to be very easy to use now since i'm very much familiar. there's more you can do now on wordpress :)
  15. eddane

eddane New Member

Wordpress is much easier to set up and get running.

Joomla has more versatility.

Ed
  16. jwd.adodis

jwd.adodis Banned

Hello All
    Joomla is Very Effective on SEO Friendly..
    lets try it..
  17. chococheese

chococheese New Member

I've haven't used Joomla before but I have heard that it has more features. But when you think about it, Joomla is more of an all-out CMS while Wordpress is a blogging package so that difference in features can be expected.
  18. dannissmith20

dannissmith20 New Member

Wordpress is the secure CMS than the Joomla, also it has more features than the Joomla. So I will suggest you to use the wordpress CMS. As wordpress primarily used by the bloggers but it can still be used as a general CMS it is available for free from Wordpress.org.
  19. ametis

ametis New Member

I would like to start with Wordpress, which is one of the easiest for use systems available today in the internet. Although, many people think that the Wordpress can be used for blogging only, you can easily configure it to work in many other ways. Furthermore, to install that CMS on a server is really easy.
  20. chococheese

chococheese New Member

That's true. You can add extra pages and such to give Wordpress more of a CMS feel than one just for blogging.