1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Wireless mouse and a battery problem

Discussion in 'Computer & IT Forum' started by rob, Nov 11, 2012.

1. rob

rob New Member

What's wrong with my wireless mouse I use with my laptop? I've got an ordinary Microsoft wireless mouse, bought about six months ago. The problem is that the battery lasts only for a month or so. Aren't the batteries supposed to last for many months instead of just one? I don't really think it has something to do with the mouse itself, as I have had this exactly same thing happening with a mouse from a different manufacturer.
    Does this happen with any of you?
  2. egrovesys

egrovesys Member

Usually in wireless mouse the battery charge will not give long charge. So always best to use wired mouse.
  3. AnnexPaul

AnnexPaul Member

Most of the wireless mouse will give the same problem, the battery backup will not be stand for long days. Do a think while using wireless mouse, switch off the power button when not in use.
  4. a4hire

a4hire Member

Does the mouse have an on/off switch? If so make sure you turn it off when you are not using it. this will make the battery last longer. Personally I have not had this problem. I have a wireless mouse from Logitech and HP and with both devices the bateery will last for months.
  5. Simion

Simion Member

Yes i also believe that wired mouse is far better than wireless mouse.
  6. alma mott

alma mott Member

Wireless mouse actually requires more energy, you can just go for wired mouse instead.
  7. str4wberry

str4wberry Member

I wouldn't use wireless mouse as it needs recharging, which can be frustrating if happens often. Also, the older the battery, the shorter it's working time after recharging. You can change the battery (if you know how to) or just get a new mouse.