1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Why my site indexed less and less everyday?

Discussion in 'SEO Forum' started by bestbattery09, Nov 6, 2009.

1. bestbattery09

bestbattery09 New Member

I found these days my site indexed by google became less and less day by day, what happened?=(:)??
  2. dansomers

dansomers Active Member

Its very rare your site will get indexed day by day anyway!

One of PR4 sites only gets crawled every 24hours by bots but that doesn't affect indexing at all!

Stop worrying about google and what they are doing and just work on your content, backlinks and uptime!

If your sites gets removed by google completly then start to worry
  3. steve

steve Guest

Is your site a blog?

While assuming it a blog I would suggest that build more backlinks to your site and as dansomers said keep an eye on your site uptime too. Because may be Google or other search engines were coming to your site more often but they find your site down. They will re-visit your site few more times but then they will consider your site "no-more-online" I think.
  4. vectro

vectro Member

I remember reading somewhere that Google can judge how often to crawl a site if it isn't already specified in the sitemap. This makes sense to me. If a site is only updated every month, Google wouldn't need to crawl it daily. If a site has new content daily then Google would theoretically figure that out and crawl it every day.
  5. kumar80

kumar80 Member

Google need more and more updates in website if you do updates in it then Google visit more on your website.
  6. The Leader

The Leader Member

Updating your content will attract google to keep indexing your site!
  7. proweb

proweb Well-Known Member

I think this is when you have duplicate content on your site.

For example, if you are using tags and categories. If you submit your article to more categories, that in each category will appear the article, and this is duplicate content. Google just indexing all your pages, and after a while just dropping those page that have the same content.
  8. vectro

vectro Member

It doesn't really drop them, it just hides them behind the "Omitted Results" link. But two pages with similar content may still show in SERPs for different search queries.
  9. joker

joker New Member

Ping your blog every updates to easily recognized by search engines and to indexed faster.
  10. seomaestro

seomaestro New Member

Yes this is a good suggestion but make sure that the posts are original and interesting enough. Google loves to index sites which are updated on regular basis and which is visited by huge visitors.
  11. imported_Leslie

imported_Leslie New Member

As long as you maintain your SEO purposes to your websites then it will be fine. So keep on maintaining it. :)