1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Why computer viruses are threat?

Discussion in 'Computer & IT Forum' started by anselduminy, May 26, 2010.

1. anselduminy

anselduminy New Member

Computer viruses are basically programs that are written and developed by destructive people. If they enter your system, then they will infect the file stored. Whenever you restart your computer or execute the infect file or program, the virus gets active. Until you do not use the disk where the infected file is stores, the virus is inactive. Once it is loaded and saved your computer and save in the disk of the machine, the computer will crash down it. Hence, it is wise to format the system. Otherwise, they might damage you data, delete files or erase the entire hard drive. Viruses are of different types; some display messages; create sounds or send verbal comments.
  2. Nameless

Nameless Banned

everyone knows that viruses are "bad" ;) Which antiviruse program do you use then to protect your baby?
  3. ametis

ametis New Member

4. Mouse

Mouse New Member

How do you know there is "no potential threat for a virus?"
    ...you're on the internet...there is the *potential* for *anything*
  5. mrhelena

mrhelena Member

Hello,

Which Anctivirus program is best to use ?
  6. Nameless

Nameless Banned

Well, I think that Nod32, Avast and Kaspersky 2010 are the best softwares which can protect your PC. Any other ideas?
  7. akibills

akibills New Member

well avast and nod32 is fine as i think
  8. sazymi

sazymi New Member

QUOTE]Why computer viruses are threat?[/QUOTE]

It needs to be treated so that it won't affect the major parts of your computer that may cause some serious problem with your computer eventually.

I have read an article that Security Shield 2010 is the fact that is powered by BitDefender is the best antivirus today. The Shield Deluxe 2010 will protect your PC and personal data from theft, making it worth considering. However, my own personal choice would be Norton AntiVirus 2010 because it provides fast, responsive defense against all types of malicious software. Norton Protection System employs a multilayered set of security technologies that work in concert to detect, identify, and block attacks. And i used to use Norton products even before, for me its still the top of its class in terms of performance and works pretty well for me.
  9. vikram1248

vikram1248 New Member

There are a few things that you can do to protect from computer viruses. The key to protecting your computer is in understanding that no solution is perfect and that you should always trust your common sense before anything else. Then, there are some technical things that can be done:

• Get anti-virus software and use it frequently. Keep it updated.
    • Visit only known sites and don't follow random links.
    • Open emails from trusted sources only, and from them also - try to understand if you're looking at legitimate email or at Spam/viruses (they go together hand in hand).
    • Delete the contents of your temporary Internet contents, and Recycle Bin frequently - this is a great place for viruses to hold their very private data, which goes undetected.
    • Keep up-to-date on modern virus techniques. You can read non-technical descriptions at plenty of site.
    • And last, keep in mind that there's always a change that a virus will hit you. Keep your data backed up at all times. Backup your work files, pictures and photographs, music and every other piece of data you'll need in case you need to setup your computer from scratch.
    • Your backup should be to a remote media. Remote FTP would work fine, but for Gigabytes of photographs data, you should consider backing up to CDs / DVDs. After making backup, don't forget to verify your data, so that when you need it, you can be sure that it's there!
  10. faye valentine

faye valentine New Member

I guess the first line of defense against viruses, as with every potential computer disaster, is to make regular backups of the vital data stored on your hard drive. Ideally, you should periodically do this to a medium that's not continuously connected and accessible, to prevent a virus from infecting it too.
  11. m2hkatie

m2hkatie Member

Hello Anselduminy,

Thanks for this information.
    1 person likes this.
  12. pixelbob

pixelbob New Member

I don't know if its true but there was a virus that can damage your hard drive by continuously writing on track 0 until it wears out.
  13. dianatheprinces

dianatheprinces New Member

virus is a set of instruction to hang up CPU with other process and demage computer
  14. magicseo

magicseo New Member

A Virus that spreads automatically or copies itself is a worm not a virus.
  15. alpinto

alpinto New Member

tell me a best anti virus in market.right now i am using Microsoft security essentials...............is it good enough
  16. alpinto

alpinto New Member

hi..............well information was very good
    good to read that...........
  17. Sanmpin

Sanmpin Banned

The computer viruses are the programs, which are written to interrupt any other program in the computer. So prevention is to install an anti virus in the system.
    And i am using Avast for this purpose.
  18. mc090409523

mc090409523 New Member

Basically the viruses of computer show in different area told about the loss who sustain the computer in future.Then the viruses warring for your persnal computer.
  19. credasys

credasys New Member

You can try some free antivirus out there like AVG and Kaspersky.
  20. jennifersmith

jennifersmith New Member

Most people who use a computer and the Internet for business and/or personal activities are familiar with the potential havoc that can be wrought by ......
    use antivirus dearest.