1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

which site map is better html or xml?

Discussion in 'Website Flipping' started by justincamp, Sep 26, 2011.

1. justincamp

justincamp New Member

Dear friends
    Can somebody explain which site map is better from users and search engine point of view and how.
  2. FrostyB

FrostyB New Member

I believe that the XML sitemapping is more useful because with each update to your site it alerts the spiders that their is new content available on the site. Whereas with HTML Sitemapping your site is just a big html file. Yes your site will eventually get indexed overtime, but with XML you are almost sure that each page of your site gets indexed and nothing is overlooked. Also, If you're able to do some scripting, you can use a script to parse the xml file and dynamically build a hierarchical HTML sitemap page that users can actually follow and you'd no longer have to worry about using or updating a hard-coded HTML file.
  3. bryanbell

bryanbell Member

HTML and XML sitemap are use for different purpose, where XML sitemap is use for search engine crawler to easily navigate the site and HTML sitemap is use to navigate by visitor.
  4. mrhelena

mrhelena Member

Hello,

I think html sitemapping is very useful ...
  5. ranchijobs

ranchijobs Member

you can submit your xml sitemap on search engine but you can't with html sitemap but there is one advantage of html sitemap over xml one is the space, xml sitemap may take a lot of space if you are making xml sitemap of large website with lots of pages so in my opinion xml is good for small website while html sitemap is good for larger websites.
  6. tochandresh

tochandresh Member

I am agree with Bell xml and html sitemap both are used for different purpose that way both are good for specified purpose.
  7. ahsan

ahsan Member

I have experience html so i prefer html is better than other product what is your view about html site map.
  8. Jill Smith

Jill Smith Member

HTML sitemap is for user to eaisly find everything in a site at one place and xml sitemap is for search engine it help crawlers to find web pages that not traceable by crwaler to get eaisly indexe the page.
  9. Jacob_Thompson

Jacob_Thompson Member

Xml sitemap is useful for crawling purpose. Crawlers can get to know about your site pages so that it can crawl easily while html sitemap is is better for user. User can get clear idea about your site.
  10. jhonpaul

jhonpaul New Member

both have their equal advantages one is for user point of view and other is for robot/crawlers ,
  11. wealthucreate

wealthucreate Member

HTML from ease perspective. Xml from search perspective
  12. devileye

devileye Active Member

html sitemap is for user and also for search engine crawler and xml sitemap is only for search engines for indexing site pages.
  13. GavsCoupons

GavsCoupons Member

which is better an apple or orange? lol sorry could resist.
  14. sitefocuz

sitefocuz Member

One is for search engines and the other is for users + search engines. Naturally an HTML sitemap would help if you have lot of content pages / complex navigation system.
  15. bingomad

bingomad Member

i have some bad experience with xml when using xml sitemaps it gets really bulky when website get large if you are running website like forum xml is not good option as forum has large number of pages it can consume space more than 3gb.
  16. devileye

devileye Active Member

from my own expericence i think html is better than xml.
  17. netedge12

netedge12 New Member

For web site guests I will be able to say HTML, whereas I like XML for search engines. however if I even have to selected just one then it'll be hypertext markup language that's as a result of I think each guests and spiders will simply browse hypertext markup language and conjointly it's google that's very crazy regarding HTML.
  18. Mark Gibbs

Mark Gibbs New Member

Hi! Both the sitemaps are of equal importance and used for completely different purpose. HTML sitemaps guide users for better exploration of a site whereas XML sitemap is for the search engine to crawl your site efficiently. Hope this answers your doubts :)
  19. jayanta1

jayanta1 Member

From search engine point of view, both of these sitemaps are important for a website but if we talk about the priority, HTML sitemap stays first. As an html sitemap is built not only for search engines, but also for internet users, so it is always important to have an html sitemap.
  20. alma mott

alma mott Member

Sitemaps are a way to tell Google about pages on your site we might not otherwise discover. In its simplest terms, a XML Sitemap—usually called Sitemap, with a capital S—is a list of the pages on your website. Creating and submitting a Sitemap helps make sure that Google knows about all the pages on your site, including URLs that may not be discoverable by Google's normal crawling process as explained by Google support.