1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

When is the good time?

Discussion in 'Member Management' started by jhnsmith, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhnsmith

jhnsmith New Member

When do you think would be a good time to hiring staff for your board?

Every company have their own rule and regulations.
    When company's management level is required then only hiring staff for the board.
  2. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

I dont like hiring staff on a forum to be honest, its much better to choose your staff from existing members which contribute alot to the board, i find that paid mods and admins are poor quality and you get a much friendlier atmosphere if they are volunteers
  3. fivajhon

fivajhon New Member

i dont know...

i think................ i dont know:laugh::~
  4. Humza Bajwa

Humza Bajwa Active Member

^^ This. Plus, volunteer mods are much more sincere. Volunteer mods are moderating for fun and on their own time. On the other hand, paid mods are only in it for the money.

You don't have to always choose mods from an existing member base. I was recruited by River from another webmaster forum...and I was recruited by another member here to moderate on his forum lol. Also, almost all of my moderators on my forum were recruited on other forums (that's probably because my forum is much smaller than this one).

However, I'm pretty sure that all the previous moderators that River has promoted on this forum have been existing members.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.