1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Whats your Biggest Design Hate

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by midlandi, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

When visiting a new website what is your biggest hate, one that makes you leave straight away?

Mine are

Slooooooooow loading
    Too many Adsense ads
    Flashing Graphcs
    Pop Ups

I,m GONE.!

Whats yours?
  2. jumpenjuhosaphat

jumpenjuhosaphat New Member

You nailed it J. I can't stand a site that loads too slowly, but if I am really interested in the content, then sure, I'll wait a minute.

The biggest turn down for me is ads, most importantly, pop-up ads. I don't actually get many pop-ups anymore, but there are still a few out there.

Another big turn down for me is bad use of language. If a person can't figure out how to use their own language properly, then I have no interest in what they have to say. I know, that sounds a bit harsh, but I'm an education advocate, and I think that it's important that a professional website knows when to use "I" and when to use "me".

Another thing that drives me away is long articles that carry on without ever making much sense....If I can get to the second paragraph without having a clue as to what the article is about, then I'll check out early.....Creative writing isn't always necessary, but damn, some people take "getting bored" like it's a personal goal in life to bore me....;)
  3. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

I aree wif yuo abowt the lagwidge bit. There is nuffink worse than pore gramer ,I awlays make the effort meself when riting............:laugh:
  4. jumpenjuhosaphat

5. Kalina

Kalina TriPHP Contributor

For me it's music/sound, it startles me when it's out of nowhere like that, so I tend to surf with my sound right off.
  6. jumpenjuhosaphat

Yeah, that's a big one for me too....I hate a website that talks to you or plays some moody music....I always find those type of sites in the middle of the night when my speakers are turned all the way up....
  7. Kalina

Kalina TriPHP Contributor

Lol, that's funny, enough to make you shout "jumpenjuhosaphat!!" haha!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.