1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

What kind of education do you need to become a graphic designer

Discussion in 'Graphics and Design' started by nicolespay, Jun 20, 2011.

1. nicolespay

nicolespay New Member

The ability within yourself. You can learn the fundamentals and how to hold a pen, but if you haven’t got it within you, education won’t help. You can be self-taught and match the very best, but you have to do the most important thing … practice. Everyday!

Your best bet, is to study other designers in the field of your choice. If you are interested in graphic design element of video games, then study the designers in this area and watch their tips and tricks.
    A while back an art student was interested in how I did my paintings. I showed him a technique with the paints that in all his time at art college, he had never been shown, yet at that moment I had opened up a whole new doorway for him to experiment. If you’re serious in what you do, you will always be learning and looking at new techniques.
  2. summerwilkins

summerwilkins New Member

As they say that practice makes perfect. Most of my knowledge about programming and web are self taught. I read books, ask friends who are equipped of knowledge in web and then try it on my own. It's a hit and miss scenario. But I'm getting almost everything somehow. I still have so much to learn. But I'm very hopeful and driven to learn though.
  3. Henry Wilson

Henry Wilson New Member

Need to have lot of interest and desire to become a graphic designer. There are lot of resources to learn the subject if interested.
  4. rajni12

rajni12 Member

You should have computer knowledge with Photoshop, CorelDraw, Illustrator software. To become a graphic designer you should have creative mind and knowledge. No more knowledge is required to become a graphic designer.
  5. Indiadating

Indiadating Guest

Yes you must know about computer and photoshop, coreldraw for becoming a good graphics designer.
  6. Foto Clipping

Foto Clipping Member

well to become a professional graphics designer you must need to know idea about photoshop, Illustrators and corel draw.
  7. Jacob_Thompson

Jacob_Thompson Member

To become a good graphic designer, knowledge of Photoshop, coreldraw etc, also creative mind is helpful to be a good designer.
  8. bobjc

bobjc New Member

Education Doesnot Matters, Pratice Make man perfects :)
  9. Thomas

Thomas Member

First, you must have interest on art and know how to conceptualize. Photoshop for great effects on images, and Illustrator for vector images.
  10. devileye

devileye Active Member

i think English is the most important things to be a successful graphic designer.
  11. devileye

devileye Active Member

I have heard and seen a lot of people are doing a course. But only a course does not assure one to be a good designer. Practice and experience are very important keys.
  12. unni6849

unni6849 Member

First and foremost thing for a graphic designer is to have good color sense and designing skills.A formal training or course in web and graphics would be preferable.
  13. kapil

kapil New Member

first a graphics designer must have a basic knowledge of drawing he must be good at it, which will make him creative and full of imagination ability these two are the major factors for a graphics designer.

web-designs-company.com
  14. poonamc306

poonamc306 New Member

I think first of all you need proper computer knowledge or particular course in this field. SO that you can able to operate the software of you line which is very must to in this field. Second thing is experience which will come when you will work with any organization for some period.