1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

What is the RSS?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Discussion' started by eagles11, May 8, 2010.

1. jeannie

jeannie New Member

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing this info..
    I've wondered myself what was RSS..
  2. sazymi

sazymi New Member

I think you guys should read the older post to know exactly whats been discussing in here, it looks like that you all did not do that because you keep on repeating the question that was been answered already.

For the benefit of those who did not read the OP, well RSS stands for really simple syndication that use as a tool to keep you updated with a news, events and information from other useful site that might help you with your every day life.
  3. seo allen

seo allen New Member

I am very glad to give u some of the best important information from my side. I hope it will help for ur website....
    RSS is a Web content syndication format. Its name is an acronym for Really Simple Syndication. RSS technology is a great format for distributing and gathering content from sources across the Web, including newspapers, magazines, and blogs. It allows you to subscribe to a source of information and receive summaries of the articles as they are published. The information is automatically delivered to you without you having to go to the published site to get it.
    The source of an RSS is called a feed (or web feed). When you subscribe to a feed for news, for example, you’ll get a set of headlines and brief news summaries sent back to you for all the articles published on that particular feed. This lets you quickly scan the list of published article summaries to decide which articles you want to read. RSS is a dialect of XML. All RSS files must conform to the XML 1.0 specification, as published on the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) website.
  4. Lopaj

Lopaj New Member

hi

dear, thank you very much for providing me information about RSS and hope I will get much more good informative messages from your side in future. :D
  5. eoinbronks

eoinbronks New Member

Make it easy for readers to follow the blog by providing an RSS feed that contains blog posts. You can also try RSS feed submissions, it will help you in gaining additional traffic.
  6. iamobama

iamobama New Member

RSS is useful to your website! You need one if you want more traffic!!
  7. dellinqwartz

dellinqwartz New Member

RSS is a architecture for carrying consistently alteration web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and added online publishers syndicate their agreeable as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it. RSS solves a problem for people who regularly use the web. It allows you to easily stay informed by retrieving the latest content from the sites you are interested in.
  8. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

RSS (Rich Site Summary) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.
  9. nestrellejohn

nestrellejohn New Member

All i know about this RSS is it is used to publish blog entries,news headlines,audio,and video.
  10. balivillas

balivillas Moderator

RSS is simply a subscribers link to the summarized and simplified format of a frequently changed content of a website or webpage. It's a form of bookmark where the content changed as the page is updated.
  11. alexclark

alexclark Member

RSS (Rich Site Summary) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.
  12. packston

packston Member

13. devileye

devileye Active Member

RSS is an easy way for Web sites to share headlines and stories from other sites.
  14. egrovesys

egrovesys Member

RSS is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and video in a standardized format.An RSS document includes full or summarized text, plus metadata such as publishing dates and authorship.
    RSS feeds benefit publishers by letting them syndicate content automatically. A standardized XML file format allows the information to be published once and viewed by many different programs. They benefit readers who want to subscribe to timely updates from favorite websites or to aggregate feeds from many sites into one place.
  15. Indesh

Indesh Member

I have a simple site with 5 pages but don't have blog on it and other things. How can I use RSS feed for my site?
  16. alma mott

alma mott Member

Really Simple Syndication (RSS) is a way for content publishers to make news, blogs, and other content available to subscribers
  17. sevier

sevier Member

thanks nice sharing
  18. Maria Gomes

Maria Gomes Member

RSS is an abbreviation used for Really Simple Syndication, it is a technique of delivering all the latest news, updates to the list of subscribers who have subscribed to the feed of RSS, for doing this a feed of blog is created through feed burner and people around the web are invited to subscribe to the feed of your blog in order to get latest updates on the blog, it can either be subscribed through e-mail or Facebook etc It is one of the ways to get referral traffic on our site.
  19. Irina54

Irina54 New Member

Thank you all for your sharing about RSS, i was wondering about it too.
  20. sevier

sevier Member

Thanks nice information