1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

what is php web hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting Forum' started by premkumar, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. premkumar

premkumar New Member

please friends sharing me what is php web hosting and its great tips and its uses
  2. paullopez

paullopez Member

[FONT=DejaVu Serif, serif]Every web host support PHP on their all hosting packages and I will be wondered if you find any web host, which does not support PHP. Most of the web host have a good list of what they support and provide with PHP web hosting. Therefore, you need to contact web host through email, phone or live chat to get answers of rest of your all questions. [/FONT]As you looking for PHP hosting, I'd recommend you to pick a reliable [FONT=DejaVu Serif, serif]Linux hosting package according to your website requirements.
    [/FONT]
  3. WireNine

WireNine Member

Almost every shared hosting provider supports PHP, php is an internet language, you can learn about it on php.net :)
  4. che09

che09 Member

PHP is an abbreviation for Hypertext Preprocessor. It is a widely used general purpose tool designed for ease of use in web development applications, and can be used to create dynamic web pages. In other words, it is a computer programming language.

PHP is generally used in server applications where the language is used to generate web pages. Because of its ease of use and flexibility it has become a favorite of webmasters and web sites that use PHP are becoming increasingly common.
  5. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

PHP is the Widely used general purpose scripting language for Web development. PHP is mostly used for linux based hosting.
  6. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Member

PHP hosting is a Web hosting capable of parsing PHP code. Virtually all hosting these days provides this capability.
  7. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Yups i do agree. PHP is widely used.
  8. royking

royking Guest

Re

It is server-side scripting environment. It is used to create dynamic web pages. It is an abbreviation for Hypertext Preprocessor. It is an open source language widely used by programmers and web developers. PHP hosting works is that the web server would filter a request document using PHP and generates the output from PHP to the web browser. It is an usually in HTML format with PHP tags inside. It run on both Windows and UNIX servers.
    It is a relatively easy language to learn and work on. The relational database application that comes with PHP is called MySQL, which is also open-source. PHP hosting is one of the most complete hosting packages which are available in the industry.
  9. talkrecruit

talkrecruit New Member

Php with Mysql

php is Server Site Language and run on local server like Wamp, Xampp, Mamp.

International Recruitment, International Recruitment Services, International Recruitment
    Jobs, Student Consultation, International Studies, Overseas Studies, study in uk, study in australia
  10. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Some Good Tips for Beginners are as follows.

Single Quotes vs Double Quotes

You may ore may not have even thought about this up to this point in your PHP use but it is kind of a big deal. Using the right or wrong quotes can not only cause errors that might be hard to find but there can be a slight performance boost and can make your code much easier to read.
    1<?php
    2 echo 'hello world';
    3?>

1<?php
    2 echo "hello world";
    3?>

These will produce the exact same end result but do you know which one is technically better? The single quote. The single quote just puts exactly what is inside of it without processing while the double quote actually evaluates and processes. Let me explain with an example.
    1<?php
    3 $example = 'hello world';
    5 echo '$example'; // outcome will be $example
    7 echo "$example"; // outcome will be hello world
    8?>

As you can see here the double quotes take the time to process what is inside so technically there will be a little more overhead. Obviously on a small scale this means nothing but if you have a loop that iterates 1000 times you might start to see the benefits of single quotes in a performance sense.
    Now if you are trying to put a variable in a sentence you can do this:
    1<?php
    3 $example = 'hello world';
    5 echo 'This is my '.$example.' for PHP'; // outcome This is my hello world for PHP
    6 echo "This is my $example for PHP"; // outcome This is my hello world for PHP
    7?>

Either of these will work just the same in getting the output that you want but the single quote will be slightly faster because while both have to process the variable the double quote is also scanning the rest of the sentence in search for anything that it has to process. Yes it is more typing but I personally find the first one much more readable because you can much more clearly see that you are outputing a variable. If this was randomly in a 500 line PHP file the single quote method would be easier to spot.
    PHP Short Tags

You know when you just want to prepopulate a form or add one PHP variable into the middle of a an HTML block. Well having to write an open PHP tag and then a close PHP with all of the line breaks and indentions to make it readable is such a pain. So what is the solution? PHP short tags like this.
    1<?php
    2 $example = 'This is some text that I want in my paragraph.';
    3?>
    4<html>
    5 <head>
    6 </head>
    7 <body>
    8 <h1>I love short tags</h1>
    9 <p>
    10 < ?php
    11 echo $example;
    12 ?>
    13 </p>
    14 </body>
    15</html>
    16</pre>
    17Personally I like to get things done with as little typing and code as possible, so I am not a fan of this. I love my short tags.
    18<pre>
    19<?php
    20 $example = 'This is some text that I want in my paragraph.';
    21?>
    22<html>
    23 <head>
    24 </head>
    25 <body>
    26 <h1>I love short tags</h1>
    27 <p>
    28 < ?=$example?>
    29 </p>
    30 </body>
    31</html>

That will produce the exact same output as the first but much neater and with a little less code.
    NOTE: Short tags is something that can be disabled in the php.ini so it is not guaranteed to work but industry standard has short tags enabled.
    Short Tags With Inline IF Statement

Short tags are also great when used with inline if statements. Having if statements in an area of the code with a lot of HTML can make it harder to read but using inline if with short tags can make it much neater.
    1<?php
    2 $minimum_age = 21;
    3 $customer = 19;
    4?>
    5 <p>You are
    6 <?php
    7 if($customer<$minimum_age)
    8 {
    9 echo 'NOT';
    10 }
    11 else
    12 {
    13 echo '';
    14 }
    15 ?>
    16 old enough to buy alcohol here.</p>

Obviously we do not need the else in this case because it doesn’t do anything. I just have it in there to help understand inline IF statements. Also since there is only one output line we dont need the curly braces.
    1<?php
    2 $minimum_age = 21;
    3 $customer = 19;
    4?>
    5 <p>You are < ?=($customer<$minimum_age?'NOT':'')?> old enough to buy alcohol here.</p>

You see the inline IF is shorter but might be confusing at first so I will break it down.
    1<ul>
    2 <li>First "$customer< $minimum_age" is exactly the same as "if($customer<$minimum_age)"</li>
    3 </li><li>Next "?'NOT':" is the same as "{ echo 'NOT'; }" (anthing after the question mark and before the colon is executed if the statement is true.</li>
    4 <li>The last piece is the "else" ":''" is the same as "else{ echo ''; }" (anything after the colon is what is executed for the else)</li>
    5</ul>

And lastly for this post I just want to show a little way to dynamically create variables that can make things a little bit quicker for you. One of the best uses for it is when you are making a database call. Here is a traditional example.
    1<?php
    2 $id = '1';
    3 $query = mysql_query("SELECT name,title,content FROM blog_post WHERE id='$id' LIMIT 1");
    4 $data = mysql_fetch_assoc($query);
    5?>
    6 <div id="blog_wrapper">
    7 <h2>< ?=stripslashes($data['title'])?></h2>
    8 <span id="blog_author">< ?=stripslashes($data['name'])?></span>
    9 <p>< ?=stripslashes($data['content'])?></p>
    10 </div>

Here we run a query and are outputting the data in HTML format. We do stripslashes() on all of the items because when you insert things into the database it will ad slashes to escape special characters. Instead of having to individually do the stripslashes on everything we can do $$key = stripslashes() like this:
    1<?php
    2 $id = '1';
    3 $query = mysql_query("SELECT name,title,content FROM blog_post WHERE id='$id' LIMIT 1");
    4 $data = mysql_fetch_assoc($query);
    5 if(is_array($data))
    6 {
    7 foreach($data as $key => $value)
    8 $$key = stripslashes($value);
    9 }
    10 <div id="blog_wrapper">
    11 <h2>< ?=$title?></h2>
    12 <span id="blog_author">< ?=$name)?></span>
    13 <p>< ?=$content)?></p>
    14 </div>

Now you can see that we can access all of our items from the database like $name,$title,$content. We can do this because the $ in front of $key sets it as a variable with a value of stripslashes($value). Here we are taking the $data array from the query and looping through it. In the foreach($data as $key => $value), $key is the key for that element in the array (which is the reference like $data['name']).
  11. Adhamlee

Adhamlee New Member

PHP is an abbreviation for Hypertext Preprocessor. It is a widely used general purpose tool designed for ease of use in web development applications, and can be used to create dynamic web pages. In other words, it is a computer programming language.
    PHP is generally used in server applications where the language is used to generate web pages. Because of its ease of use and flexibility it has become a favorite of webmasters and web sites that use PHP are becoming increasingly common.
  12. bbcwebhosting

bbcwebhosting New Member

I am sure that you are talking about the Linux hosting. Actually some hosting company makes confusion about the name. PHP web hosting will enables you to host PHP website on their server. Linux is same.
  13. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

For Php oriented website Linux hosting works.PHP is generally used in server applications where the language is used to generate web pages.
  14. paullopez

paullopez Member

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]@ bbcwebhosting[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Why do you think some companies make confusion? Actually PHP Hosting is not limited for only Linux. You can also host your PHP and MySQL applications on Windows server hosting environment. So I think, this is the reason that few web hosts separately mention PHP Hosting. [/FONT]
  15. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Yes i totally agree that you can even use php and Mysql is Windows hosting.
  16. eUKhost

eUKhost Official Company Representative

Absolutely correct. Since, PHP and MySQL are compatible with most of the hosting platforms, it can be used with windows as well as Linux. Almost all the hosting providers offer PHP and MySQL support so, there should not be any issue in using it.
  17. alexclark

alexclark Member

To be able to use PHP on your web site, you will need to ensure that your web hosting service provides its clients with this feature. It is important to be sure of the version of the PHP script you are using. There are various versions, and compatibility issues are known to exist with certain scripts currently available in the market can run only on the latest version of PHP.

Ideally the web hosting company you are using should offer more that one version of PHP so that compatibility issues can be overcome by simply switching version. Alternatively, you may have to modify or change certain scripts that may have been created for an older version of PHP to enable them to work with the newer versions. This lack of backwards integration has been a major stumbling block in the spread and acceptance of PHP. Because of its rapid growth and development, newer versions have been regularly appearing and each time a new version comes this problem arises. However, since the language has now stabilized, it is expected that this problem will gradually start to fade away and that future versions of PHP will not have this compatibility issue.

When working with PHP it is also important to take the PHP modules into account. Before starting any PHP implementation it is advisable to contact the web hosting service you are using or planning to use, and enquire about the modules that need to be installed. As a matter of fact, if you are thinking of using PHP for your website, it is always better to ensure that the web hosting service is fully equipped to handle PHP before committing any money.

If the web hosting service is not in a position to provide the necessary modules, they must, at the minimum, give you a formal commitment that you will be allowed to install them at a later time, as and when convenient and required by you. Many web hosting companies are hesitant to give this kind of commitment because they fear that it may cause complications with their servers.

Keep in mind that you may not be able to used applications developed on Windows since PHP is based on UNIX. You will also have this problem with Visual Basic, since a PHP server will not be able to support it.

With so many PHP web hosting companies appearing on the market, the competition is fierce and it is at times difficult to decide on which company to go with. There are three important issues you need to consider before taking any decision on a PHP web host. First, ensure that the service has enough bandwidth to meet your needs. Second, there should be enough space available for not just your current needs, but an assurance of additional space being available in the future, when required should be available. And third the hosting package you opt for must have sufficient databases for your web site requirements.
  18. markhill

markhill Member

Hey, thanks for making this clear.:)
  19. Nile Hadwards

Nile Hadwards Member

Re:

PHP runs on the web servers and functions by taking in website inputs and producing web pages. In fact, PHP filters in the data and further processes the data so that it becomes visible to the users. Millions and millions of domains are now running this programming language since its can be downloaded easily from php.net website.
  20. marryjones

marryjones New Member

Php

PHP is just a programming language which is used to develop various web applications. PHP support is provided by every hosting company and they listed it as feature.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.