1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

What is joomla?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by rockson, Jun 13, 2009.

1. rockson

rockson New Member

Can anyone able to tell how joomla relates with php?..i have doubt in it..
  2. Matt

Matt The Sexy Admin

I don't quite understand your question, do you mean what PHP is used on Joomla, well...alot really, it's a CMS (Content Management System) so works alot with PHP/SQL for functioning correctly.
  3. imported_Chris

imported_Chris New Member

PHP is a language, Joomla is an application based on the organizational patterns of that language. Your question is the equivalent of asking how dirt relates with plants.
  4. Host7000

Host7000 New Member

Joomla is an extremely versatile Content Management System with a myriad of options, modules and themes available. It is a free open-source project and is primarily kept running by it's dedicated community.

I use Joomla for several sites that I own as I find it has a vast number of applications. It is definitely worthwhile. Additionally I find it requires very little resources from your server, which makes everything better in general.

As Chris correctly stated above, it is based on the organizational patterns of PHP. However, if you are simply trying to use it for your site (and not develop anything for it) then a knowledge of PHP is not required.
  5. andrew.machado2009

andrew.machado2009 New Member

It is a CMS

Joomla is a Content Management System for PHP.
    You can create as many websites as you can. You can customize with your own logos etc.
  6. mit

mit Member

Joomla! is a free open source content management system for publishing content on the World Wide Web and intranets as well as a Model–view–controller (MVC) Web Application Development framework. The system includes features such as page caching to improve performance, RSS feeds, printable versions of pages, news flashes, blogs, polls, website searching, and language internationalization. Joomla is licensed under the GPL, and is the result of a fork of Mambo.

It is written in the PHP programming language and uses the MySQL database.

Get more information at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joomla
  7. imported_SEO-WATCH

imported_SEO-WATCH New Member

I just visited the link from the Wiki. Thanks for the good information.

I think we all understand now what Joombla is all about.
  8. menj

menj New Member

Joomla is a CMS that runs on PHP.
  9. gold

gold New Member

Joomla is a CMS written in PHP. This is how it relates. Also if you need custom PHP code to work for your Joomla powered site then you need to do some plugins that will do the job that the PHP code does. A plugin or module needs to be built around a certain framework specified by Joomla but after you do that you can use your own custom php code. When you're done just add the module/plugin.

Things aren't as easy as I make them sound. I advise you turn to an expert and pay him/her for the job if indeed you need custom php code in Joomla.
  10. GoodBoy

GoodBoy New Member

I do not really understand the question either but I only want to say that Joomla is just like Wordpress.
    They are CMS for that using php language.

CMIIAW.
  11. Dragonizer

Dragonizer Member

Through experience I think Joomla is alot more powerful than Wordpress. Alot more versatile and alot more addons.

12. anirban09P

anirban09P Member

Joomla is one of the most popular free content management systems (CMS) in the world that allows you to easily create and manage a dynamic website. It has an intuitive management interface to control all the features and functionality this powerful CMS possesses. Furthermore, there are hundreds of free extensions written for Joomla that allows users to extend its functionality and customize it to their own objectives.
  13. rajdeep

rajdeep Member

Joomla is also an open source content management system that is used to create websites for small to big sized businesses and organizations. It allows a web developer to create variety of websites & web-enabled applications.