1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

What happens when your vision does not match your client’s?

Discussion in 'Graphics and Design' started by wivngeh, Dec 5, 2011.

1. wivngeh

wivngeh Member

As a web site designer, one of your primary goals is to help your client “sell” its products or services.Through the use of colors, photos, fonts and more,your design gives an impression. This is the goal. But what happens when your vision does not match your client’s?
  2. Markwest

Markwest Member

I'm of the opinion that a customer is always right. In case I disagree with his opinion, I may recommend or suggest to make some improvements. But still if he holds his ground, I follow all the requirements strictly. The most important for me is when a client is satisfied with a performed job.
  3. -Jab-

-Jab- Member

I guess, when a client wants something, it doesn't mean you need to follow all request. i will just pick important matters like layout, navigation, etc. but what will i do is to improvised and make it more beautiful so the client would be satisfied.
  4. kathygreen

kathygreen Member

I think a designer should get to as close as what the client is trying to achieve, however if its not the case, discussing through proper communication is extremely important, I would think.
    Cheers.
  5. GeraldNitram

GeraldNitram Member

To know what's the right thing to do, I suggest that you should always communicate with your customers just so that your visions of the goal are the same. Even if you talk all the time, at least you'll be able to make sure that you're going the same path that they think you are going.
  6. richardfranklin

richardfranklin New Member

I would try my best to make understand client that the design I have made is more relevant and useful for his website. I will give my suggestions but if he is not satisfied with my points, the last option is to agree with him and do whatever he wants. After all he is a client and he is always right.
  7. outreach local

outreach local Member

I must say that client satisfaction is the most important goal of every business therefore every business person should more and more liable towards client satisfaction. If client visions are not match or fulfill then its definitely seems to the loss of the project.
  8. Susnet

Susnet Member

For the first few years of being a web designer I always pushed my visions on the client, it took a while for me to realise that wasn't always the best idea!

Generally now I just do exactly what the client wants, unless they ask for my advice. You give them what they want, nothing can be your fault!
  9. SeoKungFu

SeoKungFu Active Member

Sh~t happens...
  10. Jacob_Thompson

Jacob_Thompson Member

As an expert, the goal of a web designer is to make client understand. If it is not so, than designer has to follow clients need.
  11. dojo

dojo Member

You need to understand what the client wants. If you're messing it up, you'll have to do what the client wants, it's not your project, so just swallow your pride and go for your client's interest ;)
  12. peter 786110

peter 786110 Member

I think, when a customer wants something, it doesn't mean you need to adhere to all ask for. i will just choose essential issues like structure, routing, etc. but what will i do is to improvised and create it more wonderful so the consumer would be fulfilled.
  13. longlivemedia

longlivemedia New Member

I think the goal is not to perfectly match your client's vision but rather to make them believe that you are offering something on practically the same wavelength as they are expecting.
  14. Thomas

Thomas Member

That happens all the time, try to remember you're getting paid to do what the client asks.
  15. Dawey

Dawey Member

Exactly. I would say: just make sure to collect your money - let your client get what he/she wants.
  16. devileye

devileye Active Member

it makes my work speed twice.
  17. dktotz

dktotz Member

I think that kind of stuff is normal. The best thing that you can do is to be sensitive to all the details your client is asking. Make sure to ask questions that will be relevant to you project.
  18. kathygreen

kathygreen Member

Yes, I do agree with you. Client satisfaction is the most aim to our business.

19. bodegazine

bodegazine New Member

well it's more than that actually.. make sure ur graphics also become a "call to action" to they will buy the product
  20. Trinitlus

Trinitlus New Member

For me the client opinion is most important. They pay for are skills and time but they make decisions ;)