1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

What Are The Limitations Of Title And Description Tags?

Discussion in 'SEO Forum' started by borgninestallone, Nov 28, 2016.

1. borgninestallone

borgninestallone Member

Hi, recently I have checked my website title tag and as well as the description tag, in the Google SERP the total character is increased in the title and as well as description.

Have anyone noticed the same. Please share your ideas behind this.

2. Jones Groban

Jones Groban Member

There is no limitation of title and description tag, but yes its recommended that your title should be of 60 to 70 characters and description should be of 160 characters (including white spaces) because Google shows title and description in search results as recommended previously.
  3. borgninestallone

borgninestallone Member

Yes agreed Jones, but for few website which appears in Google SERP more than 2 line description is shown. I am wondering how does it appears. Do we need to add some additional codes regarding the description?

Example have a simple search in Google for this keyword "Wedding photographers in Chennai", you can find more than 3 line description appears for the top most website.
  4. rajdeep

rajdeep Member

As par google algorithm title should be of 60 to 70 characters and description should be of 160 characters