1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

W3C Valid XHTML (Rant!)

Discussion in '(X)HTML / CSS' started by Mr Justin, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Mr Justin

Mr Justin <B>Moderator</b>

I have been noticing something of late and that is people displaying the following at the footer of their website

W3C Valid XHTML (Link is fake, Just an example)

Placing the W3C Website Link in their footer linking to details of their site and whether its 100% validated or there are errors.

I have noticed that on 90% Of web pages that display this they have lots of errors. In fact some of them have way over 200 errors.

Whats the point in promoting that your site is riddled with errors. Kinda seems very strange to me.
  2. jani

jani Designer

Me too have noticed that on some websites and when I clicked on the link or small graphic it showed the errors.

But you know many people don't click and investigate things and they just get impressed with the link that wow this site is W3C Valid.
  3. Dragonizer

Dragonizer Member

About 2 years ago I stopped worrying about validating my websites. I would design a site, for example I own a freeware site, I spent weeks designing it and validating it, got the badge and great it validates. BUT then I started adding ads and listings to the site and it did not validate anymore, the ad code did not validate and download links for the listings wouldn't validate.

So now I go with if it looks OK and works does it really need to validate???
  4. Jess

Jess Guest

I don't pay much attention to site validation but I prefer these points more

1. Site should load fast
    2. Site should appear correct in all browsers
    3. Coding should be SEO friendly

That's it.
  5. jhonmaxxi

jhonmaxxi New Member

Validation is one of the simplest ways to check whether a page is built in accordance with Web standards, and provides one of the most reliable guarantee that future Web platforms will handle it as designed.
    Creating Web pages or applications according to a widely accepted coding style, that is XHTML, makes them easier to maintain, even if the maintenance and evolution is performed by someone else.
    Validation can then be used as a quick check to determine whether the code is the clean work of a seasoned HTML author, or quickly hacked-together tag soup.
  6. andrikcode

andrikcode New Member

An XHTML document that be conventional to an XHTML requirement is said to be valid. Validity assures constancy in document code, which in turn eases processing but does not essentially ensure consistent rendering by browsers. A document can be checked for validity with the W3C Markup Validation Service. In practice, many web development programs provide code validation based on theW3C standards.
  7. stevetorres

stevetorres New Member

Validation is a simple way to judge if the coding is up to the mark and standardized. It helps in removing any doubts about the programming.
  8. marktellar

marktellar New Member

It is needed to ensure consistency in document code and eases processing. You can verify the validity of the document with the W3C Markup Validation Service.
  9. josaphlewis

josaphlewis New Member

If you want to know whether a web page has been created in compliance with web standards, opt for validation. It is can be used to check coding. :eek:
  10. Denzelstewart

Denzelstewart New Member

If you have met the standards of W3C validation, your site is respected as a superior one. It also ensures that several web platforms will handle it as designed.
  11. jacksoncarrey

jacksoncarrey New Member

The simplest technique that is used to ensure that web pages are built according to Web standards is termed as Validation. It guarantees the reliability of a website.