1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Vista or XP?

Discussion in 'General Programming' started by midlandi, Mar 31, 2008.

?

Vista or XP?

Poll closed Jun 29, 2008.
  1. Vista

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. XP

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

Which do you think is better. Vista or XP?

Personally I am sticking with XP. Mostly as the price for Vista is outrageous.
  2. ST-Mike

ST-Mike TriPHP Contributor

Well if I had to choose one, I'd just go with the most updated - the newest.. Vista. The support on XP will soon be gone, Vista is the most recent. I can't be bothered to back up why it is OK to use Vista right now though, in advance for all of the harsh comments that will soon probably appear against using Vista and why it is so "rubbish" ;)
  3. sketch

sketch TriPHP Moderator

XP- vista still needs A LOT of work before I'll completely switch over
  4. hitman

hitman New Member

I have xp on my pc, and my laptop csame with vista - it doesn't seem much different to me, no quicker really, just a nicer layout

or is it something the experts understand? They seem the same to me

maybe i should convert back to windows ben (it was before windows 95!) lol!
  5. jazzi

jazzi New Member

I've run Vista Ultimate 64-Bit on my desktop since I rebuilt it six months ago. It's faster, sleeker, more reliable and offers enhancements that have been lacking from Windows forever. I couldn't be happier with it... :)

The bottom line is that you need a much more powerful PC to run Vista well. Mine is a dual-processor AMD-64 board with 8GB RAM and 3TB hard drive space. I also have a 512 MB GeForce card that is able to share mainboard RAM when needed (nForce technology).

The problems really start when people try to run Vista on a PIII - and then wonder why it doesn't perform as well as XP.

My one (minor) issue with the 64-Bit version of Vista is that I've had to wait for native driver support for some of my peripherals. Many driver developers (nVidia are especially guilty of this) are still saying that 64-Bit versions of their drivers are in development. Fortunately many of the XP 64-Bit drivers have acted as a stop-gap for me!
  6. pankajlot

pankajlot New Member

I prefer Xp over windows vista the only reason behind this is the compatibility, i have heard in order to use window vista you got to have at least 512 MB Ram, unfortunately i have 256 MB.
  7. Alan

Alan Member

Microsoft are admitting there is still problems with Vista, what about a downgrade patch to XP from Vista, yep they did that too. Even Vists SP1 is causing problems, drivers not working, copy problems. We're OK until end of June when we can still buy XP, but after that? Vista also eats up too many resources, it doesn't work efficiently with less than 1GB RAM.
  8. decipher

decipher New Member

Ill admit Vista and its features are nice but man do i ever get a bunch of errors with it. So on my main PC I run XP as it is much more reliable.
  9. Andrew S.

Andrew S. New Member

I have Windows Vista on my primary PC and I don't have any problems at all with it. So in regards to the poll, I prefer Vista over XP.
  10. wheelman99

wheelman99 New Member

ive always been an XP guy so i can never really use an operating system unless its XP because ive worked on it so long and its what im use to.but vista is cool to.
  11. ST-Mike

ST-Mike TriPHP Contributor

Oh and yes Midlandi.. the pricing lol. What can you expect from Microsoft?! The solution is probably to buy a new pc that comes with Vista - saving alot of cash...
  12. dingbat

dingbat New Member

I have XP and really dont want to change.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.