1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Using dreamweaver instead ot FTP client?

Discussion in 'Dreamweaver' started by midlandi, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

I tend to use dreamweaver alot, though I have FTP upload software installed I still use dreamweaver to upload files. Anyone else do the same?
  2. ST-Mike

ST-Mike TriPHP Contributor

Yeah I used to use dreamweaver until around July 2005, until I partnered with someone and was introduced to SFTP and SCP + secure keys.. which took me away from standard insecure FTP completely. Then I went back to FTP using CoreFTP when I started to use Notepad++ to edit sites instead (I wanted the code view of dreamweaver but something much more lightweight and specific). These days I use WinSCP to transfer files via SFTP, still using notepad++ (which I fully recommend).

I'd have to vote for notepad++ and either CoreFTP or WinSCP for editing and uploading from Windows :): I do remember dreamweaver being quite easy to use though in that I could save my file and it would immediately upload!
  3. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

Part of the reason I use it is that you can upload folders contaning files in one click, as opposed to uploading files only.
  4. ST-Mike

ST-Mike TriPHP Contributor

Most FTP clients should be able to upload entire directories at once :s Well, cycle through the directory for you uploading each file (but alls you're doing is dragging across the directory or whatever)
  5. MattMan

MattMan New Member

Dreamweaver

When ever I use dreamweaver I will tend to use the ftp client inside just because of its availability and ease of use. It might save a few.
  6. Asad

Asad New Member

I have tried Dreamweaver. But, I still think that FileZilla Client is the best and fasted FTP client ever!
  7. Alan

Alan Member

I use dreameaver as the whole package is integrated, development and publishing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.