1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Unlimited hosting packages

Discussion in 'Web Hosting Forum' started by francdsilva, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. francdsilva

francdsilva New Member

I want to know what kind of restrictions are normally put by providers of unlimited hosting packages. Here Unlimited is not unlimited domains, but unlimited webspace and bandwidth.
  2. proweb

proweb Well-Known Member

Normally if a hosting company promise unlimited hosting, and this is a reliable one, than you can use as much space and bandwidth as you want, however practically this is not possible.

If you buy an unlimited hosting, than you don't need to worry about that your hosting account will be closed and all websites will be down, because your are using 10,1 GB bandwidth instead 10 GB.

The most important thing in an unlimited shared account is to optimize your server. The restrictions on unlimited hosting is the CPU and the RAM usage. If your account use more CPU and RAM than you are allowed, your account will be closed and you need to do some changes (optimize your files, scripts, databases, etc...).

Usually everything if fine if you have only small websites. If you have a busy forum, like this or a big community website, than is better to take a VPS or a Dedicated.

I hope this helped you. If not, just drop me a PM and I can help with more details.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Hafsoh

Hafsoh Member

Bandwidth is consumed when visitors make requests for files on your web site and download them to their personal computers, its how much data can be transferred at a time or the speed of the server. Most hosting companies offer a variety of bandwidth options in their plans,the amount of bandwidth a hosting company can provide is determined by their network connections.
  4. francdsilva

francdsilva New Member

Does any webhost put restrictions on the type of files that can be uploaded in the website in case of unlimited data transfer and unlimited web space packages? I want to know what kind of restrictions are put by the hosts.
  5. sequencehosting

sequencehosting New Member

Hello,

It will vary from host to host but this is restrictions that you may see:

RAM, CPU, file size, file limit, certain types of scripts/software will also be disallowed.
  6. clemens20

clemens20 New Member

The important thing in an unlimited shared account is to optimize your server.

7. proweb

proweb Well-Known Member

You have absolutely right with this.

If you want to use your unlimited account for spaming (sending emails with automatic scripts, etc...), you will get a suspension, but with a good server optimization it's easy go. :)
  8. glovern

glovern New Member

I would like to add- it’s very important for you to satisfy yourself that the hosting provider, you have chosen, is able to provide you not just unlimited shared hosting space but also 99.9% uptime with it. The other thing that the hosting service provider is equipped to handle all your queries within a reasonable time frame and has an experienced team to handle all your customer service related inquires.
  9. besthos-t

besthos-t New Member

Restrictions are like limited CPU/RAM resources, place ads on your site etc.
  10. ptgengye

ptgengye New Member

I think there were no unlimited shared hosting online. Usually, you would get a very low CPU time like below 5% to be used. If surpass, your sites would be suspended for a period. So, a dedicated server would be the only "unlimited" one. :)

Have a nice day,
  11. webtalk

webtalk Member

they have limits in their tos , normally that cpu usage and inode limits which actually limits your diskspace, bandwidth and resource usage means you cant run large traffic site with them
  12. webhostuk

webhostuk Member

Not at all a good idea to think for unlimited space and bandwidth.
  13. abeltenny0210

abeltenny0210 New Member

Buy a VPS.VPS is the best coise for you.
  14. christian smith

christian smith New Member

web hosting

there could be some restrictions on software in shared web hosting in unlimited hosting packages. Obviously hardware of servers are limited and depends on requirement.
  15. chococheese

chococheese New Member

It pretty much works the same way as with any unlimited plan. Whenever technology is involved, there are always limits so nothing is truly unlimited. For example, I have an unlimited data package for my mobile phone, but most of these things have a "fair usage policy". For the case of my phone, the carrier reserves the right to discontinue your service if you use an excessive amount of data transfers within a month. Unlimited hosting works the same way with a fair usage policy. Even though they advertise the plan as unlimited hosting, there are still limitations on the server load so the web host will most likely suspend your service if your site places an excessive load on their servers.
  16. WireNine

WireNine Member

Normally with Unlimited allocations, your restrictions are mostly on the CPU/Memory of the server but that is true for almost any shared hosting plan even with limits. You are also limited to the number of files you can host, the file size uploads, etc. If it's a paid web host, they will not place ads on your website.
  17. ahtivas

ahtivas New Member

yes there's nothing called unlimited .. But here in this discussion i learned many things.. Thanks..
  18. don19

don19 Member

Unlimited really mean oversell :)
  19. nikol

nikol New Member

Multiple Domain Hosting

hi,friends i am using seo web hosting for my website,they are providing me great service as well as they provided me large data space.
  20. alcapone

alcapone New Member

no such thing
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.