1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Computer & IT Forum' started by dhscott, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhscott

dhscott New Member

I was wondering if any of you here used Ubuntu, the "Linux Distribution for Human-Beings".

So far, I've been highly impressed by it. Its very easy to use and compared to my XP partition with all the firewalls and other crap that comes on at startup, its very quick.

There's good support also with users contributing to forums at ubuntuforums.org, however...

I still feel its a geeks Operating System because occasionally if you ask for support on something, it is bound to be presented with an answer of "Type this into the Terminal"; Terminal being Linux equivalent to Command Prompt.

Its not quite there yet, but if you set it up correctly at the beginning installation process with all the firmware you need, you should never need to touch it again. I had troubles with my laptop WiFi but these are now sorted. I just have to wait to switch from AOL to use the internet :p

So does anyone else here use this fantastic Operating System? I wonder if there's a club :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.