1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Twitter Profile's PR Useful For Better Ranking?

Discussion in 'SEO Forum' started by jani, Nov 28, 2009.

1. jani

jani Designer

I like to know how much our Twitter profile's PR is important or useful for our website's ranking on Google?

Or it does not have any concerned with the ranking?
  2. joker

joker New Member

Twitter adds a “nofollow” attribute to links submitted by its users. The “nofollow” attribute advises Google, and a few other search engines, to ignore the link.
  3. dansomers

dansomers Active Member

To be honest it wouldnt do alot for any link, although some older profiles do show up in google webmaster tools.

I have a twitter account but I hate using it so I just stuffed it with links about a year ago and left it, but Google has picked those links up for some reason.

Im not sure how it would work when google have live twitter/feeds though as for the moment your link on twitter is "worthless" in the eye on the might big G but it can get you traffic of you have the right followers.

So run down for traffic = good maybe

Seo/rank/Big G = nothing
  4. seomaestro

seomaestro New Member

Twitter profile PR does not have any direct bearing on a website ranking but this definitely concertizes your position in the ever fluctuating web industry. You can get some good traffic from your twitter profile.
  5. The Leader

The Leader Member

I wouldn't waste much time on twitter because its a spammers paradise and google will slam it sooner or later!
  6. imported_Leslie

imported_Leslie New Member

^ Yeah there are many spammer but I still get a good traffic :p You just need to handled in a right way.
  7. jani

jani Designer

Actually I don't agree with this. Yes there are spammers but Twitter has been a great source for latest news & updates and this is the reason the big G & bing are including tweets to their searches.
  8. vectro

vectro Member

Google won't slam it because twitter uses nofollow links. Google's live search results do show tweets, though. In any case, as much as there are spammers there are also useful twitter accounts. I try to keep mine helpful and entertaining for people in the tech field and webmasters. Some people have come up with some pretty creative uses for twitter.
  9. josepha jain

josepha jain New Member

Twitter profile matters a lot for our google page ranking.
  10. vectro

vectro Member

How?
  11. arunkumarrr

arunkumarrr New Member

Twitter profile's PR is important for our website's ranking on Google.. It plays a major role..
  12. mobile16

mobile16 Member

what role it plays!?? :??
  13. kumar80

kumar80 Member

Twitter is widely use by people and it become in very less time. It is helpful for website promotion because people are gathered from everywhere and you can share your information with them.
  14. Sikhar

Sikhar New Member

Spammers always live in social community sites and all community sites have nofollow attributes like twitter,facebook and many more.. we can not take any profit in PR update but ton of visitors attract through these sites if you have good community over there...
  15. danzilventado

danzilventado New Member

Twitter profile is not useful for the better ranking. As twitter is the social networking site it is useful for the generating more traffic towards your site and traffic doesn't help for the better PR.
  16. Emma12

Emma12 New Member

I dunno if its useful but whenever I search my name in Google, my account in twitter is the first one that appear. But I believe that twitter is only good in bringing traffic. As long as you know to handle it.
  17. wingmaiker

wingmaiker New Member

Google will not criticize Twitter as it uses nofollow links. You need to keep your tweets interesting and entertaining. They should be used in a creative way.
  18. zorodan

zorodan New Member

Twitter is most useable social community site that use people like student,employee,actors and others are use to communate,share thinks and all others thing. Twitter web site is faster than all other social networking web site. Twitter is the nice website for the social bookmarking, and promoting your business website.