1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

[Tutorial]Create a Metal Style Text

Discussion in 'Graphics and Design' started by jani, Dec 31, 2008.

1. jani

jani Designer

I just came across this website and when I looked at its logo, I thought I can do it and I should also tell others how to get that "Metallic Style" text.

[​IMG]

Its very easy... Just follow these simple steps.

1. Create a new file (any size) and fill the background with the color #303030

2. Now type any text. In our case the text I am using is "Calgary Universal"

[​IMG]

3. Now hold CTRL button and click on the TEXT layer, to make the selection.

[​IMG]

4. Now go to Select > Modify > Contract > Enter the value "1" in the dialog box. (This will reduce the selection up to 1 pixel)

5. Press M and select the option "Subtract From Selection" from the top menu. And Cut the TOP PART of the selection as shown in the image below.

[​IMG]

6. Keep the Text Layer Selection ON and make a new layer above it.

7. Select Gradient Tool and choose "#545252 To Transparent " for it.

8. Now Fill the selection with the gradient "Drag the mouse from Top to Bottom"

That's it. You should now have your desired result. Here is my final output.

[​IMG]

Your result also should be the same (if everything went OK). If you are having any problem, please let me know. I am here to help you :)
  2. panos

panos New Member

Jani, super tutorials, let them be more and more.
  3. Mr Justin

Mr Justin <B>Moderator</b>

After about 10 attempts I finally managed to do this tutorial. Thank you Jani
  4. jani

jani Designer

That's great :)

If you ever need any kind of help regarding graphics you can ask me. I am not saying I am 100% perfect in it but I can surely help out with most of the stuff according to my knowledge and experience :)