1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

[Tutorial]Create A Book Out Of An Image

Discussion in 'Graphics and Design' started by jani, Jan 6, 2009.

1. jani

jani Designer

In this tutorial we will learn how to use a simple image and give it a book style. Please pay attention to the details.

1. This is the image we are going to use for this tutorial.

[​IMG]

2. Press Ctrl + T on the image > Select Percpective > and move the "Right" side of the image upward.

[​IMG]

3. Now press M and draw a rectangle "which will be the side cover of the book" and fill it with any color "with combination of book color". I am using black color.

[​IMG]

4. Now select the side cover layer, press CTRL + T > Right Click > Select Percpective and move the left side of the rectangle up a few pixels, as shown in the image below
    [​IMG]

5. Select "Line Tool" by pressing U and draw a line "Parallel" to the top angle of the book. As shown below. The line should be parallel but keep it a few pixels less than the book image top line.

[​IMG]

6. Now copy paste the line and place them between the "Line" and "Book Top". As shown below.

And then lower the opacity up to 33%

[​IMG]

And your book is complete :)

You can still play with it and apply some drop shadows, side cover text...etc but now at least you have got idea that how you can make a book from an image, right? :)

Here is my final result.

[​IMG]

Original Author: Decent Weblog
  2. Rahul

Rahul Love

Excellent tutorial Jani as always :)

I am sure it will be handy for those who write eBooks, they can now easily design their own book.