1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Traffic from Yahoo and MSN ?

Discussion in 'Other Search Engines' started by Old Admin, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Do you get any traffic from yahoo or MSN ? in the niche's im in i get next to nothing from them , ranked in the top 5 ( mostly 1 and 2 ) respectively and nothing at all. Not that i care too much because they are also top in google too but im wondering what traffic you get from them and if its alot what niche you are in ?
  2. Unknown

Unknown Member

my sites get nothing from those two engines. Well unless someone considers 10-15 hits a month something .
    Google sends me a load of hits tho. makes me wonder if anyone uses those search engines anymore
  3. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

yeah i know what you mean i think i get around 10-15 hits a month too , i think yahoo and msn are used more by companies in certain niche's mostly, ive seen some websites ( in the building trade ) get loads of traffic from yahoo and msn , more than they do from google so i suppose it just depends on the niche.

Although google just dominates
  4. a4hire

a4hire Member

I am in the same boat. My web site gets very little traffic from yahoo or MSN. I did see some from yahoo images for a while but now not so much. I do get a lot of traffic from Google. :biggrin:
  5. jr_sci

jr_sci New Member

I have my website indexed in Yahoo but not in MSN. I have not received a single visitor from Yahoo. And I am not expecting it even from MSN as till now my site is not even indexed.
  6. DoctorTree

DoctorTree New Member

i haven't targeted to get rankings especially from yahoo or msn but yea google is god for my websites traffic

well On-Page optimization is the best key to rank well in Yahoo
  7. masterweb

masterweb New Member

Sorry for asking but exactly what you mean with "...On-Page optimization..." ?.

8. sazymi

sazymi New Member

Masterweb, DoctorTree is right! yahoo focuses with the on-page optimization, inproving your on-page (title, description, meta, etc.) and add a quality content of course, you can also participate in yahoo answers as well and if you have a budget you can submit to yahoo directory because its not for free.
  9. hmds

hmds New Member

I have previously tried to come up with a good page rank in Google but failed. Now, when I know the secrets of Yahoo PR, I shall try to focus more on yahoo Ranking. Let me gather some rich content with quality keywords first. Latter , I shall increase my backlinks using yahoo answers.
  10. sazymi

sazymi New Member

hmds, you can work on with Google by doing the Link Building technique. G loves the off-page optimization. Create a blog and submit a quality article to the directories will help.
  11. hmds

hmds New Member

Hey thanks for your information. I shall try to follow the off-page optimization technique. I have a forum and also a webhosting company. Now, the next step shall be to make a blog and promote it through article marketing.

Tell me, if I submit one article to several directories, will it harm my content uniqueness?
  12. sazymi

sazymi New Member

Well the answer is no, because you are still the author of the article and you can submit it to as many article directory as you can. Provided that it has a quality content and you do not stuff your keywords on it. Actually you can put anchor text on the resource box of every submission and its usually 2-3 different links only.
  13. hmds

hmds New Member

Thanks for your information. Actually this question was bothering me from quite some time. I thought submitting it to various directories might kills it's uniqueness. Now, I shall write some articles and quickly submit to some article directories. Thanks once again.
  14. johntod

johntod New Member

Google, Yahoo & MSN have their different criteria of showing the result in search results. So it doesn't mean if your site is getting good rankings in google SREP's will also get the same ranking in Yahoo and MSN. You have to promote your sites exclusively in other search engine's too. Seo Company India
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.