1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Tips for Perfect Web Hosting ?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting Forum' started by blacktom, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacktom

blacktom New Member

Hello

The two things that are very important when you want to host your website on some web hosting server. They are the registration of the domain name and the other one is how good your web hosting service is. As far as possible, the domain name should always be related to the content of your website.

However, before you start searching for a suitable web hosting service, you need to know the requirements of your website. It may happen that if you do not know the things which are required by your website, you might end paying for something which you really do not require.

To become successful instantly, you need to find a very dependable web hosting company. The online presence and the accessibility of a website is an added advantage. Or else, if you do not have a web host whom you can depend upon, will only make your job tougher and would not let you to completely concentrate on your online business.

There are man aspects, which one needs to consider while choosing or working with any particular kind of a web hosting company in order to avoid problems in the future.
  2. casper1

casper1 New Member

Hello to all

When shopping for cheap web hosting, be sure to compare web site hosting packages - not only prices. Some key features to look for are the amount of web space you're getting for the money. You might not need much web hosting space at the start, but as you expand, the website will grow much larger. So, you'll most likely have to purchase more web hosting space if you don't purchase enough at the start. In comparing low cost web hosting packages, you might be surprised at the differences in amount of web space you get when paying only a dollar or two more. Other things to look for when comparing cheap web hosting packages include customer and technical support availability, multiple email accounts and auto responders, detailed control panel such as cPanel or a similar program, password protected directories, etc. If you need special web design integration with PHP, MySQL and databases, be sure the virtual host offers these features. Also, if you plan to resell hosting to your customers, be sure the virtual host offers reseller hosting as well.

Thanks for sharing
  3. zenaire

zenaire New Member

The tips you have mentioned is really important...But I think when you are forwarding to choose a hosting, first check out the criteria you really need for your site rather looking at the features they are offering and also if you look for a money back guarantee option that might be a great help for you if you are not feeling good after using the services couple of days...
  4. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Member

The important Tips For web hosting are:

The two things that are very important when you want to host your website on some web hosting server. They are the registration of the domain name and the other one is how good your web hosting service is. As far as possible, the domain name should always be related to the content of your website.

However, before you start searching for a suitable web hosting service, you need to know the requirements of your website. It may happen that if you do not know the things which are required by your website, you might end paying for something which you really do not require.

If you intend to develop your site using ASP, FrontPage, ASP.NET environment, Windows Streaming Media, Access, MS SQL Server, or any of the other Microsoft’s owned technologies then you should opt for Windows based hosting packages or servers.

Otherwise, Linux based hosting packages or servers should be fine for you.
    If you are selecting a hosting package, a control panel is provided with it, however, if you are choosing a server, a control panel is optional. It is recommended to choose a control panel with the server as it allows you to manage your server very well. Control panels generally consists of features which allows you to manage your domains, sub-domains, email accounts, FTP accounts, databases etc.
  5. Caleb

Caleb Member

Make sure the company doesn't suspend accounts easily.

I guess mine got too click happy this morning..

Now, I have no hosting for my blog.. :(

Now, I will have to move it to my server, and restart :(

- Caleb -
  6. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Member

There are so many steps to be considered for choosing a web hosting company
    they are
    :
    1.Advertising
    2.amount of web space
    3.FTP access
    4.File type and size limitations
    5.Reliability and speed of access.
    6.pearl and PHP
    7.Bandwidth allotment
  7. Hafsoh

Hafsoh Member

A hosting company must use fast and reliable servers, their server should be up at least 99 percent of the time. Remember AGE is GOLD! the hosting company should have been in business for at least two years.
  8. glovern

glovern New Member

make sure how are they fast in tech support.
    and high performing server is typical to chose some webhosting co.
    and same
    FTP, PHP, Perl, SSI, .htaccess, telnet, SSH, MySQL, crontabs. and most important price. who did not discuss here at all.:)
  9. tulipkiya

tulipkiya Member

That means...that we have to see.....over requirement....by making a budget....and find the suitable host...or go for customized plans.....:)
  10. glovern

glovern New Member

hi tulipkiya
    yeah the budget you have also matters. you may find many cheap web hosting providers but before buying you should make comparison of their services
  11. tulipkiya

tulipkiya Member

i have a hosting site...i follow all Good host Deeds.....with full faith of my customers....
  12. ashivapu

ashivapu New Member

Ask specific questions if needed.

It seems like hosting prices are getting cheaper and cheaper by the day, but many times the cheapest are that way for a reason. It is easy for anybody to cover up or reword what features they offer, so if you really need something ask the specific question before just trusting they must have it.
  13. webhostuk

webhostuk Member

Customer Service and Good Server quality is the most important factor to Grow.
  14. tulipkiya

tulipkiya Member

Also i ll suggest you to make sure that you don't go with something too cheap when hosting.
    If you are running a business it's importantL to have reliability with your website.
    Make sure the company you choose has a SLA (Service Level Agreement).!!
  15. Hafsoh

Hafsoh Member

Then the hosting company should have enough resources available to offer their user’s reliability and stability ie their equipment and servers can handle their customers effectively. The hosting company should offers the business related hosting services you need now, and those you will need in the future because moving your website from server to server you may encounter some problems when migrating from one hosting company to another.
  16. Desdichata

Desdichata New Member

And make sure they don't oversell. It is sometimes better to go with a host that offers less than those who promise everything, Been with my host now for ten years and never had a problem that I wasn't the cause of.
  17. ahtivas

ahtivas New Member

You have given such a crisp description.. Good work..
  18. besthos-t

besthos-t New Member

Thanks for the nice sharing mate.
  19. Andy11

Andy11 New Member

Thanks for the tips. Choosing the perfect web hosting that suits your website needs is vital to the success of your online business. While it's hard to really say which web hosting is the best one, it still depends on the customer because they have different needs and requirements for their website. 8)
  20. jawnmurray

jawnmurray New Member

good tips... thank you very much.. web hosting is much harder than people think... you have to look for so many things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.