1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

[Tip] Create Invisible Folder in Windows XP

Discussion in 'Computer & IT Forum' started by jani, Aug 7, 2009.

1. jani

jani Designer

You don't need to use any software to create invisible folder in Windows XP, just follow these simple steps.

1. Right Click wherever you want the invisible folder to be and select Create a New Folder.

2. Right Click on the folder and hit Rename. Erase the name of the folder so there is nothing there.

3. If you try to stop here windows will tell you that you need to provide a name. So to get around this with the name field still active hold down ALT and press 0160 on the number pad (make sure Num Lock is on),.

You should now have a blank name with nothing but a folder next to it.

4. Now click on the nameless folder and Right Click > Properties > Customize tab.

5. Find and press the Change Icon button. Scroll through the icons until you find one that has no image.

6. Hit OK and you have an invisible folder! ;)
  2. mizatick

mizatick New Member

I appreciate and thank you for giving a very good information.Are you sure this method works?Have you tried it in your system?
  3. jani

jani Designer

Yes, its working. I have tried it myself before posting it here :)
  4. LucS

LucS New Member

Great idea. But how do you go to that folder if it doesn't show up in windows explorer?
  5. jani

jani Designer

^ Good question.

If you created the invisible folder in My Documents then you can go to My Documents and in the address bar on top write Alt + 0160 and it will take you to the hidden folder :)