1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Submitting to Search Engines a waste of time!

Discussion in 'SEO Forum' started by midlandi, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

Why bother? Submitting to Search engines is a waste of time!

Agree?

Disagree?

?
  2. hitman

hitman New Member

i disagree.I think submitting to small search engines is ok, as a lot of small ones dont crawl they wait for you to submit your websites - besides, i like the feeling of automatically submitting to hundreds of search engines
  3. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

So the "hundreds" you submit to, they count?
  4. prominade

prominade New Member

I agree. It is a waste of time. Search engine will definitely crawl your site in the right time. If you have a quality and original content, quality links you have nothing to worry.
  5. hitman

hitman New Member

im not sure, as it takes me a few clicks to auto submit, yes but I wouldnt semi automatic or manually submit to them

even if the auto submitter is useless, its only taken like a minute of my time
  6. jr_sci

jr_sci New Member

Well, there are a lot of auto search engine submission sites available online. We can just make use of them. If we add out sites to search engines, then it is certainly not a waste of time as it takes hardly 2-3 minutes to submit to about 20 search Engines using auto Search Engine Submission.
  7. cruise05

cruise05 Guest

I don't agree, SEO can be a big help in promoting something in the World Wide Web. Achieving Good results in SE usually take months. So submitting websites to SE would be a smart thing at the first place if you want your particular website to rank well :rollingeyes:
  8. dhanjit

dhanjit Guest

It's wasting of time. All major search engines say that it won't effect submitting your website link into our pages. If they will get your website link from a page that is allready indexed then they will prefer and crawl it.
  9. kim robin

kim robin New Member

10. sdi123

sdi123 New Member

Iam not agree. bcoz every search engines will crawl not only Google, Yahoo & MSN if you submit a website in SE's. It will not take that much time to submit. Number of tools are there to submit SE's at a time.
  11. adaliabarc

adaliabarc New Member

i think its waste of time, because when you are going to submit your site to someone (search engine or directory ) then its depend on them when they are gonna Approve your site , it'll defiantly take some time , but once they search your site naturally They will index your site faster
  12. dhanjit

dhanjit Guest

Any link, any example???
  13. YooHee

YooHee Member

i think you don't waste your time doing that... because, i think submitting your sites in directories can help you gain backlinks... plus it's permanent if they approved it... i think there are a lot of new directories that will approve your links :D
  14. sazymi

sazymi New Member

False, actually there are search engine who approves site faster specially if the site has a unique and a quality content, sometimes if the site has a lot of traffic they will definitely index it when their keyword was being search in a querie.

one example of this is Alexa.
  15. maureendon

maureendon New Member

Major search engine add your site while crawling the other site on the net, If SE found your site link on any directory or any other site, it save your site automatically without submitting your site to search engine.
  16. dhanjit

dhanjit Guest

So, do you think Alexa is a search engine???
  17. goldyweb

goldyweb Member

^^^

Alexa is not a search engine, although it can be made work like that. Internal links are scanned and related stuff is put upped. It *maybe* counted as it.
  18. SeoKungFu

SeoKungFu Active Member

As long as efficiency it's kind of useless, for sure, but ... you know, it also makes people have that feeling of satisfaction that they've done the right thing, submitting their brand new page :)
  19. sazymi

sazymi New Member

No, dhanjit i did not say that Alexa is a search engine. What I'm trying to say is about what sdi123says regarding the fast crawling, remember you ask an example so i say Alexa but of course with the help of other search engine like Google because Alexa crawl fast and it collects data on browsing behavior which is transmitted to the website where it is stored and analyzed and its the basis for the web traffic reporting.
  20. ~kev~

~kev~ Active Member

Agree - its a waste of time.

The "idea" that you need to submit your site to a search engine comes from when there were no real search engines - this was back in the middle 1990s. Sites like yahoo were a big directory. You had to submit your site to the search engine (which just searched the directory).

As spiders were developed, the need to submit your site disappeared. You no longer need to submit your site to any search engine. All you need is a few links and the spiders will find your site and index it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.