1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Should we listen to music while working?

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by jani, Nov 13, 2008.

1. kumar80

kumar80 Member

Music is good for relaxing the mood but when you are doing some important work you need concentration.
  2. juanaballerina

juanaballerina New Member

you can try when you listening music and when you are not listening music, and compare which one is the best work result, easy as that
  3. Mod Thai

Mod Thai New Member

Definitely I like to have the music on. I find what type of music depends on what day it is and what mood I'm in. I can listen to punk one day and classical the next, but I generally need something.
  4. dansomers

dansomers Active Member

I have music playing from when I open my eyes till when I close them again!

I can only work with some music on, plus I produce my own music as well as dj so thats a advantage!
  5. vectro

vectro Member

I have been listening to music while working since I starting doing work on the web about 12 years ago. Working in silence all day is impossible for me. I don't really get distracted by the music. If anything, I'm distracted by my own thoughts if I work all day without any background noise. What I'm working on doesn't really matter to me, it more depends on my mood. While working, I listen to ambient, drum & bass, dubstep, other kinds of electronica, hard rock and death metal. My favorite bands that get me amped up while I work are Nine Inch Nails, Tool and Dethklok. I also like listening to music while I post on forums. I'm listening to Dethklok ATM. As a musician myself I can't live without music on a daily basis. I get cranky without it. There have been some rare occasions when I am doing some complex system administration and prefer quiet. If I'm not listening to music I have the news on in the background.

It's all a matter of personal preference.
  6. luckygal

luckygal New Member

According to me the decision is depending up to you. If you get concentration on work with listening music it is ok. Other wise it may affect your work. In my opinion those who are comfortable with music while doing work can listen to music.
  7. ahtivas

ahtivas New Member

Always listening to music while working.. :)
  8. Steve-Hostirian

Steve-Hostirian New Member

:D I love to listen to music while working, but rarely do. Think I'll tune in now.
  9. vilyanurchandra

vilyanurchandra Member

I always do that.
    Listening to music while working makes me happy and cheerful.
  10. benjaminp

benjaminp New Member

Sometimes I listen to music when I am working, but generally I just have the TV on in the background.
  11. dextermarkus

dextermarkus New Member

I hate to hear music while at work. It doesn’t allow me to concentrate and diverts my mind. You can listen to music while performing mechanical tasks.
  12. zdan06

zdan06 New Member

There are persons who want to work while listening to music and some are don't. But, basically listening to either soft or loud music will lessen your concentration. For example, you are working on your essay writing, you have something in your mind that you want to write but suddenly you forgot because your mind is also memorizing lyrics of the song you're listening to.
  13. pinkvinny

pinkvinny Member

Listening to music sets my mood when I'm working and I don't feel sleepy at all.
  14. sheril123

sheril123 New Member

yes sometimes, its interesting to listen to music while you work and keep mind going smooth, refreshing and happy