1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

SEO Review Request

Discussion in 'SEO Reviews' started by Sweeks, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweeks

Sweeks New Member

Hello there, would anyone be able to kindly review our forums seo:

http://www.teenforumz.com

We have been working on it an awful lot as of late and would love to hear your thoughts on whether we are doing things right or not :)

Thank you!
  2. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Generally very good, Current serps for your main keywords are good.

I see top 10 on Teen forums for singular and plural terms and sitting pretty at number 2 for teenage forum (singular) and 5 plural in both google.co.uk and .com

Around 4000 indexed pages and PR4 isnt bad at all.

One thing i would say is to try and build links on the internal category's too instead of mostly too the main forum index.

Meta Title , description and keywords all good length and i wouldn't change at all .

I would get rid of them footer links , they could be perceived as sold links, google will either strip your PR or kill your serps which IMO both is a bad thing.

Not only that but sitewide external links look unnatural and thats why it will bring attention to the site.

Other than that keep on the same track as you are currently going, consider getting Youtube marketing and a press release done if you havent already, could give your forum a large boost in serps as well as traffic
  3. Sweeks

Sweeks New Member

What do you mean by a press release now that sounds interesting :)

We can remove quite a few of the footer links as many of them are not sold :)
  4. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

a press release is some thing where you write a professional article about the site/company which is then submitted to 80 - 300 press release sites, it gives you backlinks and these press release sites are high traffic so you might even get some traffic if it interests people.

I had a good service from this member :

UK Webmaster Discussion Forums - UK SEO Forum - Internet Marketing - View Profile: sagar.best

Im sure he can give you plenty of examples.

Yeah i would remove them if you can, A designer link or hosting link you can get away with i normally think but some people even say thats too much
  5. Sweeks

Sweeks New Member

I always thought linking out was good lol some of them have been removed and one of them is one of our own sites mumslife.com :D The gaming one is from a link exchange and I would feel guilt to remove :(
  6. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Linking out isnt bad but at the same time isnt great, the thing you always have to remember is if it looks natural it will be ok within reason of course.

That gaming site for example is unrelated to your topic so would look unnatural, Unless that site gives you alot of traffic or is a really high quality site then its probably not giving you any benefit .

The Mum site is ok imo because it has some relevance to your niche.
  7. Sweeks

Sweeks New Member

The mums site is staying put :) The only one left is the web hosting one which saves us £5 a month off our VPS ;)
  8. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

yeah that should be fine, alot of sites ( including some large companys ) have their hosts link in the footer and they have no problem so i cant see a problem with it
  9. Sweeks

Sweeks New Member

Great thanks very much for the SEO review :)
  10. Rehan Sajid

Rehan Sajid Member

great looking forum, i like the stats box near the bottom..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.