1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

SEO Contest good idea or complete nonsense

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Discussion' started by temi, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. temi

temi New Member

One of the entries I detest most in my web directories are SEO contest, the latest I keep getting submission about recently is one title "Globalwarming Awareness2007 - A Global warming Awareness in 2007" I have been banning sites associated with this contest and any SEO contest really.

Do you think this is a "kill joy" act or is it right to do so to protect directory contents integrity?
  2. jumpenjuhosaphat

jumpenjuhosaphat New Member

Not at all. I think you are right in banning those types of sites from your directory. You have to think about the integrity of your directory, and by doing that you offer a service that has more value to the people that use it. I've seen a few instance of that seo contest, and it at least is trying to bring an awareness to a real issue. However, in order for you to maintain a good directory, you have to weed out sites like these no matter what message the site convey's.
  3. temi

temi New Member

Thanks for that response Jump, I was begining to think I am unduly strict.
  4. Zoli

Zoli New Member

Though I also take apart in a seo contest, I don't think that you would be rigorous. This kind of contest cause a lot of unrelevant searching results. I think I would do the same, that is why I didn't make a seo contest category in my dir ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.