1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Problems viewing triphp site

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Discussion' started by midlandi, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

I dont know if any of you are aware but this site was moved to a new server not that long ago.
    I have had ceratin difficulty sometimes in accessing the site due to this(from work is ok,laptop at home is where i get caught up)
    It sometimes picks up the old site (previous ownner) and lists "site for sale"
    It is not for sale!
    If this happens you will not be able to access the forum either.
    A new member has emailed me to say this has happened to him.
    Should you experience this please email to admin@triphp to let me know.
    I apologise in advance should this happen to you.
  2. temi

temi New Member

No problems from my end, works fine.
  3. midlandi

Just had a very interesting answer to this on another forun which i thought i would share as it is quite usefull inmformation.

The procedure for moving servers is to change the DNS, leave the site at the old place, and wait until googlebot etc stop visiting the old place before removing the site. If you don't do this, then you can have problems, serious ones in fact like your site being removed from the index, and being re-sandboxed as a new site.

Have you checked the DNS record against who is etc?

**** you say 48, I presume you mean hours right? Well that is right for DNS records to update, but google (nor the other engines) does not spider via DNS records, they spider via IP addresses. So whilst the DNS might have updated, as far as google are concerned the site has not moved. Until such time as Google update THEIR local DNS records they will continue to spider the old IP.

For this reason, you have to keep checking your server stats at both new AND old IP's and when the spiders are hitting yyour new site AND have stopped hitting your old site, you can then and ONLY then be sure that they have a complete and up to date record of your site. It can take months (be concerned if it is more than 3 though)..

Author of this is OldWelshGuy
    Website http://www.umbrella-consultancy.co.uk/search-engine-optimisation-reports.htm
  4. jumpenjuhosaphat

jumpenjuhosaphat New Member

That person that gave you that advice is misinformed. The reality is that Google uses the same method to find your site that anyone else following links uses. They use the DNS records, not IP address. Here is confirmation of this http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/moving-to-a-new-web-host/

After the site has propagated completely across the internet things will be fine. Usually it's a good idea to keep everything in place on your old server until the propagation has completed, but if you didn't, don't worry about it, search engines will just think your server was unavailable for a few days at the most.
  5. midlandi

I think things are starting to resolve, i can now access at home...hoorah!! :)
  6. jacobphilip12

jacobphilip12 New Member

There was problem registering some time bac ,but has resolved now . Cheers
  7. micheal009889

micheal009889 New Member

no ,its perfect ,no problem from my end.
  8. aaronmorrie

aaronmorrie New Member

There were problem in the site some time back but its working fine i guess.
  9. daniel0071

daniel0071 New Member

Things working fine!
  10. kevinray132

kevinray132 New Member

things working well now, there were problems in registering n logging in bt now no problem!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.