1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Permanent & Free Directory Listings - a "back to basics directory"

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by vicdigi, Apr 3, 2012.

1. vicdigi

vicdigi Member

2. vicdigi

vicdigi Member

My Sincere apologies. The site was downall of today due to myself changing a folder last night and me not checking the site to make sure it was still fully functioning.
    I have rectified the error and the site is now back up and running.
    Apologies again.
    Old Admin likes this.
  3. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Vic ! How the devil are you ? Havent seen you around anywhere for quiet some time. Since UKWW was active actually.

Anyway back on topic I see you are still in the directory business :)
  4. vicdigi

vicdigi Member

Hi Adam,

I am really well. Must admit, have not entered any forums for ages. Ocassionally have a sneek around but never log in to post. Never left the directory business buddy. It's been really good to me and I revamped www.onewaylinks.co.uk at the beginning of the year too. Agencies up and down the country submit many websites and I am mostly geared towards the UK. Too many chargebacks from abroad so mostly reject and keep to the GBP.

Anyway, how the hell are you mate? Things still good on all fronts of the web?

Vic
  5. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Good stuff , Onewaylinks is looking good and looks busy too.

Im very well too thank you, business is good although it takes its toll on my forums because i dont have time for them as much as id like, this place especially with the amount of crappy posts we get lol. Ive been toying with the idea of blocking certain countries from registering entirely but again its been getting enough time to work on something that is fair and wont effect traffic too much.

P.s i just realised that i never used this user name when i was around on UKWW and couldnt remember if we've spoken since, its Riverwire by the way.
  6. vicdigi

vicdigi Member

Hehe. Oh the Riverwire. I know its you mate.
    You working on anything really interesting?
    I got a hundred ideas in my head and haad about a zillion domains (scaled down now).
    I'm working on a site for the area I live in which I hope is going to earn a goodun. Has loads of potential as it spans a good radius. Sort of like a news portal with a directory of all businesses in the area and with monthly printed publication of about 10,000. I'm combining all my skills here now - the web, directories, printing, advertising and magazines.

'Jack of all trades, master of nothing' if my memory serves me well.
  7. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

haha, Nothing in particular just the normal stuff, ive expanded alot in the last 2 years with more sites than i can really handle . Ive got my fingers in a number of pots which are all doing well for me. I seem to have a habit of creating project and then not having time to promote them so im trying to down size alot. Im considering selling everything at some point this year and focusing on my main money sites and some other ideas, although moving house will play a good part in that as ill probably use the capital to put a nice deposit down. Much like you ive got so many domains and websites ready to go but not enough time in the day.

Have yet to hit that early retirement point though, thinking the Euro's on Friday could do it before any kind of business venture does lol
  8. vicdigi

vicdigi Member

laugh, i feel the same way. I downsized a while back in 2007/8 and it worked out. Even when my holiday site that was earning me the most fell out, the directories really pulled through - weird. Maybe it's just luck. Will catch up soon. Maybe we'll have that drink one day!
  9. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Yeah the web/google works in weird ways, Ive seen a number of ups and downs over the years and when one thing seems to go bad another thing comes along that is better........hopefully that trend continues for us both lol.

Definitely mate, you know where i am if you need anything, its good to see some old faces so to speak still around :), I better get some sleep ive got an early start with a US client in the morning , have a good one bud and ill speak to you soon.
  10. vicdigi

vicdigi Member

Likewise. Will catch up soon.