1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Paying someone?

Discussion in 'Web Directories' started by sweetangel, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetangel

sweetangel New Member

Do you pay someone offering services for submission to directories with high PR? Is it effective or reliable?
  2. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

Its good to have high pr backlinks, wether you pay someone to do this or not is debatable.
    If you are just paying for the link then depending on the cost it can be good for a high pr link.
    If you pay someone to do it for you then you could either be paying over the odds for each link or they wont even get submitted, you would need to ask for a list of submissions and then check each one.By the time youve done that youy might just aswell list them yourself.
  3. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy SEO Expert

We offer directory submission services, that are sensibly priced and work, but it does help that I know so many people in the marketplace. many people have arrangements with quality directories that if they have a quality site that deserves inclusion, they notify each other and it gets included. It is like a trusted network really. :)
  4. midlandi

Sorry OWG , i missed an important section out of my post.
    I should have included the fact that there are very reputable companies out there offering a good service in this area.
  5. WindWeaver

WindWeaver New Member

If its just submission in free directory then i do that manually myself, if i need to pay someone to submit to a web directory with very high PR then thats a different thing. ;)
  6. ryu

ryu New Member

i would never pay someone to do this if i can do it myself for free lol, unless its like 1000 pr3+ directories for $2 lol, bring it on then, i'll do it :)
  7. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy SEO Expert

Submitting is the easy part, getting accepted is a whole different ballgame. As I am an editor at some quality directories (I am overall editor for the UK with Skaffe for example) I know exactly what you can and can not get away with at the various directories.

When an editor looks at a long list of submissions, the FIRST thing he/she does is to skim down the titles, and delete those with spammy titles that do not follow the guidelines. This means that if your Title is not 100% correct to the guidelines, you are deleted and out of the game.

The next thing is to look at the urls, and if people have submitted inner pages when they are not allowed (or vice versa in the case of my dep link directory), these are ALSO deleted.

Thirdly we come to checking the sites submitted in the wrong category. ALL sites submitted to my home page level are deleted (as is the case on most other directories) so a site in the wrong category it will most likely not even get looked at, it will be deleted.

Now and only now do we start to look at the sites we will include Quality check now comes to play.

Submitting to a directory is not simply about submitting, it is about doing it once, doing it right, and forgetting about it.

I have to ask everyone here though, what are you mostly hoping to gain from your submissions? Is it to help you rank, or simply get a higher PR, because almost everyone is talking about judging a directory by its PR?
  8. midlandi

For me its to improve web presense and yes my own sites pr.
    I dont ever expect any traffic, as when you see most directories there are 1000's of listings,does anyone ever bother to trawl through these, i personnally dont think so.
    But having said that some paid or featured listings could bring traffic from directories built into sites of a similar nature to yours.
    Im still not convinced about the chance of any traffic though, when you ask most people where they go to search for a particular type of site or product its never "oh ill find a directory and look through there" it will mostly be google or the like.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.