1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Nofollow

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Discussion' started by seo allen, May 28, 2010.

1. seo allen

seo allen New Member

Hello Friends

My Question is what is the use of nofollow backlinks ?

If u have any information plz tell me the proper information.........

Thanks in Advance
  2. SeoKungFu

SeoKungFu Active Member

- to try to defeat and diminish spam
    - to distinguish semantically irrelevant links from the relevant ones
    - to annoy webmasters hunting for some juice
  3. saviourdlima

saviourdlima New Member

nofollow is not an issue to get inbound links. Even it's nofollow google and other search engine still indexed the links, they just don't pass PR juice.To make a link nofollow use the "rel=nofollow" HTML tag in your <a href > link definition. Comments and some links that are automatically generated on some blog platforms are automatically set to nofollow.
    If the site or blog has nofollow links = this means that links have been configured so that search engines will not follow the link and there will be no SEO benefit from the link on that site or blog.
    NOFOLLOW = a robot / search engine should not analyze the page / document for links.
  4. sazymi

sazymi New Member

That was great answer dude, i agree with you.

No-follow is used to be more selfish in spreading your link juices for other site. It does somehow helpful specially if you need to get on top rank though can give traffic.
  5. seo allen

seo allen New Member

Thanx for sharing ur suggestion. It is very useful information for me.
    And again Thanx...
  6. chris251984

chris251984 New Member

This thing is really very well taken care of in his thread, I would definitely consider sharing this with my fellows, I think I am certainly learning all that i wanted..
  7. 123seoindia

123seoindia New Member

If search engine can’t follow the page, it will not be SEO benefit.

keyideas Member

If you don't want to cache any hyperlink by the bot then NoFollow will restrict for it and link will not follow.
  9. chris251984

chris251984 New Member

You are right but it can definitely help in getting traffic to your site if carefully placed..
  10. whynotme

whynotme New Member

rel=nofollow links are useful as well. They are not backlinks, but they are still links. They don't pass juice, they don't help you neither ranking higher in serps, nor increase your PR, but they still can generate some traffic if visitors click on them. So as far as I am concerned, I see value in both.
  11. arkin

arkin New Member

Adding to all great infos here, the "link juice" will not be distributed on those link which will includes in comments, however, some Bloggers will not share there opinion even if they want to , because of nofollow attribute since they are aware that no follow can't give you a huge impact to your backlinks.
  12. Pandadan

Pandadan New Member

you can get the trafic with nofollow link, but you will not have a lot of spam on your site. it's the link you don't "like"
  13. nacolwhite

nacolwhite New Member

nofollow backlinks are mainly used for generating traffic..................
  14. flowmeter

flowmeter New Member

nofollow is not an issue to get inbound links

nofollow is not an issue to get inbound links. Even it's nofollow google and other search engine still indexed the links, they just don't pass PR juice.To make a link nofollow use the "rel=nofollow" HTML tag in your <a href > link definition. Comments and some links that are automatically generated on some blog platforms are automatically set to nofollow.
    If the site or blog has nofollow links = this means that links have been configured so that search engines will not follow the link and there will be no SEO benefit from the link on that site or blog.
    NOFOLLOW = a robot / search engine should not analyze the page / document for links.

Electromagnetic Flowmeter£¬Coriolis mass flow meter£¬vortex flow meter-FHC IND. LIMITED
  15. Saradhaseo

Saradhaseo New Member

yeas im also agree with 123seoindia and thanks for the other information guys
  16. netameta

netameta New Member

Nofollow supposedly do not help with seo. but i dont agree and they definitely help although many people thinks they dont. from tests i had been doing they do matters and help
  17. sofie

sofie New Member

Hi allen8)
    As per mine experience Nofollow links did not effect on the page rank . It is not helpful to generate traffic because Google is not crawl nofollow backlinks so concentrate on do-follow backlinks........I hope was able to explain this..:sleepy:
  18. mintdesignnz

mintdesignnz New Member

a nofollow link is still a link so it is still considered by Google as a back link. A good ratio of dofollow and nofollow backlinks is ok. Try to gain as many quality backlinks as you can and you will get good rankings in search engine results.
  19. Simion

Simion Member

When the search engine spider finds nofollow on the link, it not count the link towards it’s popularity score in their ranking engine
  20. pol_bishop25

pol_bishop25 Member

In my opinion the no-follow still have value. Especially now when the most of the major social media use no-follow, but the signals from there counts.