1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

New Ymail Beta

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Janeuree, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Janeuree

Janeuree New Member

I just noticed it few days ago, so I was gaga to try it. Unfortunately, after 24 hours switched back to the previous version. Glad yahoo is keeping their older version available. Why? It was way too rough around the edges for prime time. Looks nice and operates fairly well, but in practical application it looks unfinished and feels unfinished. In other words, you definitely know it’s a beta.
  2. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Member

I was able to check out the beta of the new Y! Mail setup. This is the result of their purchase of Oddpost a while back and I have to say I’m pretty impressed. I enjoy dabbling with some more advanced javascript tricks and technology, but this makes me look like I can barely add two numbers. Dragging/Dropping messages worked fantastically and was really pretty, new folder creation was simple, the keyboard shortcuts all work really well, etc. Resizing of the different sections works pretty much how you’d expect as well. The best description I can come up with for it is that it’s like using Outlook Express in a web browser. It works in both IE and Firefox (both the 1.0.x branch and 1.5 Beta).
  3. Sandara Bacon

Sandara Bacon New Member

I don't care the new layout of YMail. My major concern in YMail is can't filter the incoming spam message to the inbox.
  4. martincrow

martincrow Member

I tried yahoo mail beta, but the main problem i faced was the loading time, some times it fail to response, and when a new mail appeared i tried to open it and the yahoo was unable to open that, so i switch back to the older version, it has less features but when it comes to the speed it is good.
  5. charlenej

charlenej New Member

I appreciate the new version of Yahoo Mail. In fact, I like it more that way. At first, I am having a problem regarding the loading speed but then, after sometime, it became considerably fast. With these New Yahoo Mail Beta version, I don't have to open multiple Tabs in order to update Facebook and Twitter status. In just one single window, I'm now able to do all. Isn't that great?
  6. kevintruong

kevintruong Member

I dont use Yahoo anymore , gmail is the best with me now
  7. devileye

devileye Active Member

for mailing purpose i think yahoo is the best.i always use yahoo for mail.and it new feature is really nice.