1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Multiple domain hosting without being a reseller?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting Forum' started by bitane, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bitane

bitane New Member

I'm looking for hosting of multiple domains - all my own and low traffic family, friends and local community stuff.

The CPanel shared hosting packages with addon domains I've tried are too restrictive but I don't need all the reseller stuff (I don't think).

Is there anything in the middle ground?
  2. mrkallen

mrkallen New Member

I suggest you to try shared hosting plan from justhost as they offer unlimited domain hosting and unlimited email accounts. They are well known for excellent customer support so you should take a look at their hosting plan.
  3. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Seems you said "addon domains" I assume you're using cpanel.

There's nothing in the middle of addon domains and domains setup from your WHM. So if you need the ability to setup domains in your WHM, you'll need a basic reseller type account, or a multiple domain account, even if you're not a reseller.
  4. Josh-A

Josh-A Member

cPanel itself allows you to host unlimited domains on any Hosting package. You need to add new domains as addon domains in cPanel. You will have to manage all your domains via a single cPanel if you are on Shared plan. If you need a separate cPanel for each domain then you will have to opt for Reseller plan where you will get WHM(Web Host Manager). You can assign a separate cPanel for each domain you add via WHM.
  5. eUKhost

eUKhost Official Company Representative

Well, IMO its better to have a single control panel so that multiple websites are managed effortlessly.
  6. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

Eventually you'll grow to be unhappy if you choose to do things this way. I believe if you use addon domains all the information within the account will be shared throughout all the users which wouldn't be too convenient. Plus you wouldn't be able to limit diskspace and bandwidth too much so it would be easy to go over the limit considering the resources are being shared unequally.
  7. sitefocuz

sitefocuz Member

All the sites are his own, so I don't think sharing the info / cPanel login would be an issue. Actually I don't understand how add-on domains would be restrictive in this case at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.