1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Moderator Respect

Discussion in 'Member Management' started by Edwin, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edwin

Edwin New Member

What is your standard punishment for those who are abusive towards moderators in public/private messaging.

I ask because I am assisting to organise a crackdown on a large forum.
  2. Hayze

Hayze New Member

I usually like to place the same punishment for disrespecting a member for the punishment of disrespecting a moderator. It adds more of an equality into the picture.

But I usually warn the member, and if they continue, I will ban them.
  3. Wryt.

Wryt. New Member

Its simple, stamp your authority, for those who are constantly causing trouble, Ban them! For those who are started to think they can get away with it, Warn them! Then PM others who aren't as bad explaining that actions will be taken further of they continue.

To me the best forums are the most professional ones, with a good set of rules and decent staff!
  4. SawanM

SawanM New Member

Warning first, then infraction then a ban, but if the user has been doing it for some time then a straight out ban is needed.
  5. Chris

Chris New Member

For me, and I may just be a vocal majority, I don't believe in giving mods any kind of special standing within the forum. So, if they abuse a mod, I treat it as them abusing a standard member. Obviously there is still consequences, usually a warning, then infraction, then ban as SawanM said.
  6. PCgamesJunkie

PCgamesJunkie New Member

I have to agree with the other posters... if you forum software is set up for Infractions or Suspensions, that really works in my experience. I used to let them view/read while suspended, without the ability to actually participate... it drives most people nuts. lol ;)
  7. Emathia

Emathia New Member

Infraction straight up, it's going to be in my boards TOS they are not to disrespect anyone.
  8. Jura

Jura New Member

I have no rules for such. Moderators should be treated like any other member, but they should be able to defend themselves on their own and admit when they're wrong.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.