1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Making money from Amazon?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by midlandi, Mar 19, 2008.

1. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

I see alot of sites using Amazon ads, does anyone here make any money from them?
  2. ST-Mike

ST-Mike TriPHP Contributor

Never tried them, would be interesting in the right places!
  3. ~kev~

~kev~ Active Member

How much money you make off of amazon is directly related to how much targeted traffic you have. If your site has a high bounce rate, say 75% or higher, do not expect to make very many sales.

To answer the question, yes, I have heard of people making lots of money from amazon sales.
  4. rogerrnich

rogerrnich New Member

There are so many ways that people can make money with Amazon that it would be crazy to try.As a result I do recommend that bloggers start to use Amazon’s Associate Program early. In doing so you’ll be populating your blog with links into the store that may not convert brilliantly early on before you have readers - but which can potentially convert for years to come as your blog grows in popularity.
  5. stanleyj

stanleyj New Member

The essential point isn't how many of them has a amazon ads.It's the popularity of the site that make them money and i believe more then 80% those new site with amazon ads(whatever ads) doesn't make a dime.
  6. kennyjewel

kennyjewel New Member

alot of sites using Amazon ads,
  7. Mega B

Mega B Member

We use amazon on a few of our sites you can either use the amazon own aStores or add the adverts direct to your own site or as we use the Associate-O-Matic script which is a dedicated script for producing your own full amazon store and here is one of our sites Craft site

8. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Are you actually making any money with these sites though Mega ? Ive got a site running an Amazon store, over 3000 uniques on a normal day and over 10,000 on a match day, although its a highly targetted niche the sales are terrible , I might as well just stick 3 adsense ads on an empty page and it would probably make more lol .
  9. Reno27

Reno27 New Member

Hi mega,
    Yeah, I would like to know about amazon too. I only heard from people lessons that amazon can give you extra money if you become it's affiliate. Problem is, they themselves never get from amazon! What a mess. So I'm clueless about that.:~
  10. tdave

tdave New Member

Yeah ,i agree with the bounce rate.It also depends on the niche that you belong to.some earn more some not.It all about research and study the market demand for the product..
  11. jasonbond

jasonbond New Member

I've been looking online business that I can get, and the result is I'm stuck with spammer most of the time. Just recently I can get off them :tongue: and really earn something from my online business. :D I'm glad for forums like this that will help me in my online business
  12. mickeyy

mickeyy New Member

I just signed up for Amazon Affiliates about two weeks ago and have been planting links throughout my site. This series of post have been a fun read and hopefully helps me avoid some pitfalls.
  13. D79312

D79312 New Member

My personal experience for my niche (Online Dating), Amazon has returned poor results. I have highly targeted traffic with a bounce rate of 15% with 5k unique per day and I am not making anything worth the advertising space the amazon widget occupies. Even when Amazon advertizes "Dating Books" which are about as relevant as you can get I do not see as many conversions that would warrant the webpage space.

I would go with Google Adsense as the best way to monetize the revenue per click...I believe Google will be better because it has a wider variety of advertising it can display based on the users entrance keywords and particular search and will therefore yield better results.
  14. jason830

jason830 New Member

ya,i found many people said they have earn money by amazon,and i think it is a good affiliate program.
  15. AnnieSh

AnnieSh New Member

It really is true amazon heleped me to earn online there are various ways how you can make it wit amazon , but they will include affiliates too, amazon is fun to work it and s good money in it too.
  16. JessRabb

JessRabb New Member

Amazon they are trusted program, but in order to be successful in your marketing niche - you need targeted traffic. And in this case Amazon can't be useful for ALL PRODUCTS.
    If you can get the traffic, you will make the sales!
  17. mkgen

mkgen New Member

They should get rid of those 1 day cookies...
  18. kaiseng

kaiseng New Member

I just make 2.34 until know that is really suck...
  19. swg

swg New Member

I've made £20 or so in a month, so not much unfortunately
  20. LotteMae

LotteMae New Member

I managed to sell a laptop in my first few days of using Amazon affiliates. It earnt me $50 in commission, but after that I've earnt very little!