1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Keyword Density for Forums.

Discussion in 'Search Engines Forums' started by midlandi, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midlandi

midlandi Can you smell that?

As far as I am aware keyword density should never be too high, so if a Forum has popular subjects that are based around the keywords then obviously that/those keywords will be used alot in the posts. Will this content be seen as keyword density and possibly affected by it?
  2. Kobe Augu

Kobe Augu New Member

Hi, I just took on an article writing job I found in a forum. Initially, they just asked for a certian number of articles in a certian time frame, but after I had accepted the job, I was sent additional info. I was told it should be around 2% keyword densitiy and 30% unique. I am about halfway through the project, I am using Google Docs. What can I use to help me figure this out.
  3. ~kev~

~kev~ Active Member

When your forum is getting several thousand post a day, who has the time to keep up with it? Seriously, my main forum gets anywhere from 1,800 - 2,900 post a day. Do you really "think" that I'am going to go count the keywords in even a small part of those post?

Dont worry about stuff like keyword stuffing and just let your members post.
  4. crawler

crawler New Member

Nope. Keyword density affects or varies more depending on your page, how well you used your keywords on your sites specific pages. The other half of it can be used through LB's anchor text.
  5. jason830

jason830 New Member

genearlly speaking 5%-8%,but i think nature is good.
  6. nitgreen

nitgreen New Member

10-15% keyword density is good if you have key words in titles, first and last sentence of each paragraph
  7. D79312

D79312 New Member

If I understand you correctly you got the article writing job in a forum your question has to do with keyword density in your articles and not in a forum.

Either way you can not control the content of a forum, you can only hope to lead contributors in a direction that will be beneficial to the forum, you can not Guarantee it.

As far as your article writing keyword density inquiry I would say that I would be better to error on the side of NOT being too spammy... from my experience 7-15% for body and up to 50% for titles...everyone has their own idea as to what is ideal...best idea is to use your best judgment knowing your customer's expectations because inevitably they are paying you based on how well your articles meet their expectations, not for how well their keyword rich articles work.
    1 person likes this.
  8. freedom1

freedom1 New Member

There is no need for keyword density on forums.
  9. Blake123

Blake123 New Member

I fully agree with you, it just isn't worth doing, all overdone may hurt the quality, that's my moto
  10. caneman

caneman New Member

What is the generally accepted best percentage for keyword density? I have heard it should be 3% to 8%, and if it is beyond this then G will slap you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.