1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

JavaScript and Front End

Discussion in '(X)HTML / CSS' started by Gewing2, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Gewing2

Gewing2 New Member

Hello all!

I was wondering if someone could tell me, what kind of knowledge in JavaScript is expected from Front End Devs?

I am getting to know JavaScript (and JQuery) to add up to my Front End skills and at the moment I'm in a stage where I can tweek and modify already existent JavaScript code quite easily. Hand coding JavaScript is still a very distant goal and I'm not sure, if that is even needed?

I have background in Java and c++, so I feel quite at lost at the coding level requirements for web developers.
    Please tell me what you think and what your experience has been with JavaScript in Front End Dev jobs. Any comments will be most useful
  2. mtrick

mtrick Member

3. logangibs

logangibs New Member

JavaScript is mainly based on java theory. They is use same concept as java. So i thinks this one is not hard think to understand.
    JavaScript is the world's most popular programming language. It is the language for HTML and the web, for servers, PCs, laptops, tablets, smart phones, and more.
    JavaScript is programming code that can be inserted into HTML pages.:)
  4. shashank2013

shashank2013 Member

Hi friend....

JavaScript is the most important web language which seems to be very easy to write but practically it’s very hard to manage and difficult to identify it’s flow. To create an interactive webpages you must learn JavaScript. If you want to validate the registration form, sign up form or other important input information before submit by the visitor you need to use the JS to provide the interactivity in our webpages. There are many legitimate causes of importance of JavaScript in webpages such as.....

*Best User interface
    *Lots of good framework
    *Server side javascript (MongoDB & Node.js)
    *Many success application built from it (Gmail is an example)
    *Object-oriented able
    *Good support (HTML5 included

SO i thinks, i made you understand how important js is.
    There are many site on internet from where you can start to learn javasctipt in pretty easy steps like....
    1. w3chools dot com
    2. html dot net
    I hope this post will help you. all the very best