1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

Is tables better or CSS?

Discussion in '(X)HTML / CSS' started by alecsing, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alecsing

alecsing New Member

Tables are simpler to create and are great for a newbie. When I started out, I used them only. But then I was acquainted with CSS and I started using it. It too has lots of benefits.

Which one do you think is the best?
  2. jonsey

jonsey New Member

I'd say CSS as they make pages load quicker and are so much more configurable - you can totally change the look of your site by editing just one file.
  3. jumpenjuhosaphat

jumpenjuhosaphat New Member

A week ago, I would have told you CSS. But I've come to the realization that the only reason that it's necessary to use CSS and not tables for layout is so that 1% of the internets viewers can view your pages without any problems. What I realized is that I am working my ass off trying to make my sites look good using CSS in all browsers. I used my first table for layout a couple days back, and now, I couldn't give you one good reason why not to use tables for layout. They work....every single time, every single browser, they just work. Until IE gets their heads out of their asses, it will take countless hours to layout a single page that looks good in all browsers. In 5 minutes I can create a layout that looks good to 99% of the web's users using tables. So, for now, for me, I say tables.
  4. deerhunter

deerhunter New Member

You can combine tables and CSS. One big advantage of using CSS is ease of editing your layout. You don't have to go thru each page and make the necessary changes. All you have to deal with is one file which is the CSS file.
  5. jumpenjuhosaphat

jumpenjuhosaphat New Member

That's true for HTML as well. I usually build a template file and use PHP to fill the pages up, so if I need to make any changes, I only change the one file, and the CSS if necessary.
  6. neta

neta New Member

you can try two of them , if you have many file and table then you can use css . it's easy to control all table.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.