1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

I designed a website and it worked in IE6

Discussion in '(X)HTML / CSS' started by imported_Chris, Oct 3, 2009.

1. imported_Chris

imported_Chris New Member

No I don't have any screenshots at this time.

---

But, I just wanted to brag a little. I just finished designing a very complex design, several weeks working on it. And today I started browser testing it. And I was absolutely amazed at how well I coded this. This is a table-less design, and web 2.0-style..ish.

Never before have I coded a website and had the layout line up perfectly in IE6, until about 30 minutes ago. The only fix I had to apply was the png fix. That's absolutely fantastic. For it being just over a thousand lines of code (uncompressed) in CSS, and all of my javascript and html to work perfectly was just so great to see.

<:p

So I guess, my second reason in making this topic. Is that I now have faith, that if designed correctly any website will work in all updated browsers. I does take a lot of extra work, but I didn't need to use any special style sheets or anything of that nature - and working as intended in over 25 different browsers/versions.

*cheers - /declares self genius*
  2. jani

jani Designer

Congratulations :)

Is your site online somewhere where we can see it?

I am not good in these HTML/CSS but I know how much pain it is to make a site look same in all browsers.
  3. immediate

immediate Member

IE6 is a weird monster to tame. If you have coded all the pages without testing them in IE6 step by step yet come out perfectly aligned in IE6 after completion, that's really something.

Congratulations!
  4. strauss01

strauss01 New Member

Congrat's.. <:p
    Just keep it up..
  5. pinkvinny

pinkvinny Member

It's nice to hear this good news about you. Congratulations and keep it up!:D