1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

How to remove broken links ??

Discussion in 'Search Engines Forums' started by Indianseo, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Indianseo

Indianseo Banned

Hi,,

please let me know, how to remove broken links? your suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

thank in advance:D:)
  2. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

How do you mean broken links ? Broken links on your site ?
  3. Heat Metal

Heat Metal New Member

As far as I know, they are automatically removed from the Search Engine Listing as soon as spiders and crawlers failed to access them a couple of times.
  4. sazymi

sazymi New Member

If you mean the broken links that are "cached" by search engines, then go to Google tool, you can delete those broken links using Google webmaster's tool in the crawler access module.
  5. SeoKungFu

SeoKungFu Active Member

If the point is to get rid of cached/indexed pages that no longer exist just make sure that they land onto a script that returns a 404 status and they will vanish from the index within days.
  6. smithseo

smithseo New Member

you can check it through webmaster tool and find that url, when its founded then you can delete it from your database.
  7. sousen

sousen New Member

Step 1
    website and click the various links on it and find which links are not working.

Step 2
    Look at the links that are broken and discover any patterns. Most of your broken links will probably be similar in some way, so discovering the pattern can make fixing the issue that much easier.
    Step 3
    Log onto your website using a FTP program, and download each page with a broken link. You can do this by simply right-clicking each page and selecting "Save."
    Step 4
    Open each page with a broken link, using a What You See is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor.
    Step 5
    Select each link and type in the correct URL for the page to which you wish to link. If you're not sure what that is, check your FTP file directory and copy down the name of the page.
    Step 6
    Save each page. Be careful not to change the name of the pages, as this can cause more broken links.
    Step 7
    Re-upload each page by dragging each one to the FTP site directory and waiting for the upload to complete.
    Step 8
    Check your website to verify that the broken links have been removed. If they haven't, simply repeat Steps 4 to 7 again.
  8. crescendo

crescendo Guest

i think if you create those links agin and upload on server.... It will work again
  9. dianatheprinces

dianatheprinces New Member

Well, delete that backlink profile...
  10. BobbyS

BobbyS New Member

Simple check fron Google webmaster tool that which links are broken, Then you can recreate them , redirect them, delete them.
  11. Virtual market

Virtual market New Member

Use the webmaster tools by Google
  12. nestrellejohn

nestrellejohn New Member

I'm agree to you, or (based on my experience) Just contact the administrator of that site and ask them to remove it for your. That's what i did before. :)
  13. serpninja

serpninja New Member

if you mean links on your site that have moved, just use URL redirects and rewrites :)
  14. rahulsharma

rahulsharma New Member

install this application xenus-link and insert your url and scan your url it will show you working links, dead links and provide you detailed report. now delete all junk duplicate pages and dead links from your website and insert site map in your website to make your website search engine friendly and visitor friendly.
  15. anirban09P

anirban09P Member

How to remove broken links ??