1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

How to pick moderators to your forum

Discussion in 'Member Management' started by europe1, Aug 11, 2011.

1. europe1

europe1 Member

How do you decide/pick who is the best moderator for your forum (and that you can trust)? Trial period or..?
  2. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

Generally i choose people that have been active on the forum for some time , post alot but at the same time know what they are talking about in the niche, I find that people chosen like this are normally much better moderators than those that are picked at random because they "want" to be a moderator.
    1 person likes this.
  3. bellasmom

bellasmom Member

I agree with this, but also want to add that you need to make sure that your moderator has the same "mind frame" as you do. For instance, you don't want to choose someone who likes to stir up trouble or criticizes your members. Look for someone who contributes productive answers and knows how to be respectful.

4. dojo

dojo Member

I choose from the best users I have in the forums. Who's the most dedicated, who's posting good messages etc. I never hire off site and I don't hire unless I really need a team. But when I do, only the top members are given the opportunity.
  5. Ashley S

Ashley S New Member

People that use good grammar, type good English and active members are my kind.
  6. SEOvB Services

SEOvB Services Member

Normally I make a "Forum Moderator Application" subforum that is only accessible by those who manage to accumulate a total of 500 posts or more. In this way, I would see who is really determined and who really wants it. Of course, after I select them, they are under my observation for at least a week, then I'd make a decision after that whether I'll let them have the job.