1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

How to Make Your Computer Faster?

Discussion in 'Computer & IT Forum' started by coolsitesv, May 27, 2010.

1. che09

che09 Member

By following a few simple guidelines, you can maintain your computer, help increase your PC speed, and help keep it running smoothly. Those guidelines will help you increase your PC's speed!
  2. MariaFrolova

MariaFrolova New Member

Thus things also depend on other OS. Test it try Ubuntu.
    itrcp likes this.
  3. itrcp

itrcp New Member

if you are using OS updates regular and don't go to untrusted site you will never have any problem even though you don't have anti virus
  4. GeraldNitram

GeraldNitram Member

Another reason why your PC is slowing down is because the number of unnecessary processes that are running. Uninstall the programs that you don't really need. It's okay to store a lot of files, but make sure that you leave some to make the reading faster.
  5. richerdmartil

richerdmartil Member

coolsitesv Thank You for providing this useful information step by step to make computer faster.
    The first step in making a computer faster is to have the necessary software to clean your computer up.
    Some absolute necessary software for computer clean up are:
    Anti-virus/Anti-spyware
    Registry/History/Activity Cleaner
    Anti-Virus
    Having an anti-virus software on your computer will help get rid of any viruses or clutter programs from slowing down your computer. If your computer is not protected by an anti-virus, you could be at serious risk. It is highly recommended that you have one. There are many anti-virus softwares out there, just remember to be ready to spend money on them. There are cheap anti-virus software that doesn't do much to help your computer. Good companies include Norton, Kaspersky, and Mcafee.
    Anti-Spyware
    Anti-Spyware is not a needed software, but is really handy in getting rid of unneeded cookies and adware that is hidden on your computer and can slow down your computer.
    Registry/History/Activity Cleaner
    Programs that clean your computer can be very useful and save a lot of time. These programs will go through and eliminate files that are rarely ever used and can get rid of many fragmented files. A good program that is highly regarded is Webroot Window Washer. (If you have Windows)
    Delete Unneeded Files
    Deleting files that you never use and will no longer have use for can help free up hard drive space and make your computer faster.
    Defragment
    Although you delete a file, it might not delete the whole file and leave fragments behind. Defragmentation can help eliminate these fragments and free up space and clutter on your computer. To defragment for Windows, click the start button>go to all programs> and go to system tools and select defragment.
    Empty the Recycle Bin
    When you delete most files, they end up in the recycle bin and if they are not deleted from there, then its like you never deleted it in the first place. So empty it. Just remember, once your recycle bin is emptied, it is very difficult to get back a lost file.
    Add Ram
    Adding ram can make your computer much faster. This is the single most effective way to make a computer faster.
  6. samantha1230

samantha1230 Member

Clear your cookies, upgrade your RAM, de-fragment your PC and remove all unwanted files.
  7. pinnaclewebs

pinnaclewebs New Member

HI,Friend's
    I think remove temp file and use temp & unnecessary file cleaner.
    like cc cleaner,tuneup,etc...
  8. sonu sing

sonu sing New Member

Every one share good information. If you want to make fastest your computer then you need to increase your computer virtual memory and update daily your anti virus and you need to remove daily basis history, cookies, temp files etc...
  9. eurozulu

eurozulu Member

Nice tip gilroy, just done this seems to have helped.
  10. Tony C

Tony C New Member

One thing that i don't think has been mentioned (forgive me if i am wrong) is Cooling! In addition to many of the other comments cooling can have a huge impact on the performance. Especially in some of those laptops that use AMD processors and get super hot. For a notebook those Belkin cooler pads do a pretty good job or for a desktop get more fans or some sort of liquid cooling system.
  11. JPMiddleton

JPMiddleton Active Member

OK, this thread can still be very useful to many. So it's been cleaned up a little, with a lot of spam removed.

Please only reply if you can add to the conversation and have something new to suggest.
  12. devileye

devileye Active Member

for windows 7 users,ReadyBoost is used to speed up computer.a new concept in adding memory to a system, it allows you to use non-volatile flash memory—like a USB flash drive or a memory card—to improve performance without having to add additional memory.
  13. devileye

devileye Active Member

i use disk cleanup tool because disk cleanup tool helps to free up space on hard disk to improve the performance of your computer.
  14. aaron0345

aaron0345 Member

great , that is very informative post and i m totally agree with ,
    thanks for sharing .
  15. devileye

devileye Active Member

Careful use makes your PC faster. Just do the basics like keep antivirus updated, clear temp and other unnecessary files. Your computer will perform better.
  16. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I clean my laptop every month. Here is what I do on the last day of every month:

- Uninstall unwanted programs.
    - Delete unwanted files and folders I have on my Desktop and Document folder
    - Delete unwanted music, pictures & videos in the respective folders.
    - Full scan with AVG
    - Full scan with Spybot S&D
    - Full scan with CCleaner (this program not only searches for files you can remove but also unneeded registry files)
    - Scan with Disk CleanUp (this comes with your computer and finds files other programs miss)

I find that this helps keep my laptop running nicely. :)
  17. egrovesys

egrovesys Member

To make your computer faster
    1.Uninstall the unwanted software
    2. Dont use big software which occupies more memory
    3. Increase your RAM capacity
    4. Use Antivirus and clean the virus often
  18. Natcoweb

Natcoweb Guest

I think much depends on the user himself.
  19. jiashua

jiashua New Member

it will double you computer performance from scratch
    the trick is having two hard drives
    first one install windows only and leave it clean
    second for software and all other content
  20. ShivJaiswaL

ShivJaiswaL Member

hello coolsitesv, I usually optimize my PC by cleaning up unwanted Temp Files. I always prefer to call any genuine tech support company like http://tekkfix.com/ to solve out all my PC related queries. Thanks