1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

How to install a new Joomla component

Discussion in '(X)HTML / CSS' started by balajia, Jul 8, 2010.

1. balajia

balajia New Member

1. Download the component from the supplier's website.
    Most components are free, but some you have to pay for; and often you need to create a free account at the supplier's website to be able to download the component file. The file is almost always a .zip or tar.gz file (don't unzip it to use it!); and will usually be in the format of com_componentname.zip

2. Log into your Joomla administrator area and choose the 'Installers' menu, and then 'Components'

3. Click the 'Browse' button and browse to the spot on your hard drive where you downloaded the .zip file to, and choose it.

4. Upload File and Install; and wait a few moments while the zip file is uploaded, and unzipped / installed into your Joomla Installation.

5. Take special notice of any messages that are generated onscreen after the component is installed - eg some require further configuration.

6. The Component should then then be available under the Components menu along the top of your Joomla Admin screen.
  2. aryans77

aryans77 New Member

Thank You this Was help full. I was trying this since 3 days and now i found this....
    Thank YOu again
  3. AvailHosting

AvailHosting New Member

This is very good information, thanks for sharing with all.