1. I've started a massive SPAM purge, any accounts that have spammed are being removed, also for a short period new user signups are disallowed until the SPAM cleaning is finished.

How to improve my Website loading speed?

Discussion in 'Graphics and Design' started by eagles11, May 10, 2010.

1. eagles11

eagles11 New Member

Hello,

Can you please help me to improve my website's loading speed? Is there any website where we can check accurate load time?

Thanks
  2. Old Admin

Old Admin Administrator

There are a number things which can speed up your site , faster host , optimizing your database , reducing page sizes by optimising your images and moving javascript and css into separate files on the server so that they only get cached once and dont need to be reloaded upload every page load. if its a forum then removing attachments , avatars and signature pic from the database and store them as files.

I could go on but that should keep you busy for a while :) , any questions you have about anything specific just let me know.
  3. sazymi

sazymi New Member

To improve loading time, try to use images with a short loading time such as jpeg or png.
  4. SEOWebmaster

SEOWebmaster New Member

Make less pictures...
  5. crescendo

crescendo Guest

Put only useful content on website.... used picture quality on 60%.... It will help you
  6. AccurateHub

AccurateHub New Member

Use less images, avoid having to use extra DNS (ie. host everything in your own domain name), optimize image sizes etc.
  7. crescendo

crescendo Guest

If you valid your website with w3.org, it is also help you
  8. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Member

follow this steps to increase your website loading speed.
    Get A Fast & Less-Loaded Web Server. Know When To Use GIF, JPG & PNG Files. Use CSS Smartly & Compressed Merge & Compress JavaScript Files Use HTTP Compression
  9. Bloody GangBang

Bloody GangBang New Member

you have to optimize your webscript, for example - different scripts need different time to make them work, even if they do something complitely same! that's what optimisation mean!
  10. alainparker

alainparker New Member

I suggest to activate the compression...in your server setting..you can do this by editing the php.ini...
    You can do this also programmatily...putting this line of code...if you use php:
    ini_set('zlib.output_compression', 'On');
    ini_set('zlib.output_compression_level', "2");
    I suggest to use the page test addon of Mozilla and if possible put image in different domain...without system of cache...
    Use compression of image at 70 / 80 %...so you don't lose quality...so much...
    I did in my site bestourism com
    Bye
  11. mintdesignnz

mintdesignnz New Member

use external css and javascript files.. use less images per page..
  12. jonbiles22

jonbiles22 New Member

what am I going to do with this code.google.com/speed/page-speed/ ??
  13. ugjunk

ugjunk New Member

use CSS and make sure all your images are saved as web and devices to reduce the size of the file.
  14. Carlitomed

Carlitomed New Member

Main thing are the graphics. Reduce the size and number of colours. Save images in png not jpg. This is the main thing I would advise which made my site a lot quicker. Otherwise things like looking at your script and making it shorter / simplifying it. Breaking your site down into more chunks / not overloading any one sight. Not using a background image (just use a solid block of colour instead).
  15. YooHee

YooHee Member

there are 3 factors that can make you website load faster....

1. your server, there are servers that offers you a fast website load, but sometimes they only do it sometimes :D
    2. your website images, large size images can also affect your website, because, before the website finish it's loading, they will load the images first....try to put some, i think .bmp and jpg file only have small size...
    3. last is the flash banners, and flash images.... just like the large size images, flash images or banners can slow up the loading time of your website, so don't care to put them... :D
  16. deepu

deepu New Member

There are a number things which can speed up your site , faster host , optimizing your database , reducing page sizes by optimising your images and moving javascript and css into separate files on the server so that they only get cached once and dont need to be reloaded upload every page load. if its a forum then removing attachments , avatars and signature pic from the database and store them as files.
  17. wmaster

wmaster New Member

Use css stripes for images, this will reduce image count, reduce image sizes using riot.
    Compact all your javascript files to one. As much as you reduce http requests your site will load faster.
  18. markoes

markoes New Member

HI,
    You use uniqe content and less grafics
  19. ServerSea

ServerSea Moderator

If you add heavy soft wares in your websites and too many images your website takes too much time for loading.There are a number things which can speed up your site , fast host , optimizing your database , reducing page sizes by optimizing your images.
  20. jwd.adodis

jwd.adodis Banned

hi..
    try to use table less websites it will increase the loading speed ..That means dynamic websites it will helps to increase the loading speed for websites..more over the speed of loading also depending upon the Cms.
    thanks.